First Time Jeep Owner Experience

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Awesome! I'm also a lifelong muscle car guy - in the past few years have owned a 2nd gen CTS-V, Hellcat, and a few vettes. The M3P wasn't really even on our radar until we came across an opportunity to test drive a couple weeks ago and we were blown away! For anyone else looking for a really fun, practical car with awesome performance, this model/trim is worth a look. Certainly doesn't replace the top off fun and capabilites of the Wranger, but they are the perfect pairing IMO.
Welcome to electrified world. I am on my 2nd Tesla (2016 S 90D and then 2019 X 100D) and have loved both of them. I don't think I have seen a better drive quality (had ICE BMW and ICE Mercedes before them) Tesla interior for sure can use some help, slapping a big screen in the middle doesn't make it a nice UX automatically. There wasn't any good competition till last year. Now we have Mustang Mach-E, Taycan, eTron, and F150 lightening. I will definitely look at them next year when its time to replace X.
My Jeep + Tesla Peeps ... so this is a thing that just happened ...

Jeep Wrangler JL First Time Jeep Owner Experience 1623515955267
Sponsored

OP
OP

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE, 2018 Tesla X LR
My guess is that coming from a Tesla X (Also my wife’s Daily Driver), you will be very familiar with Max Regen and use it quite a bit in traffic. I am expecting delivery of our Rubi 4xe in the next two-three weeks, and building similar lists, but not sure I could wait a year for wheels/tires ;) .

White looks great with the 4xe color scheme, good choice. I wanted Nacho, but we went with Sting due to current options for order.
Did you get your 4XE?

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
My Jeep + Tesla Peeps ... so this is a thing that just happened ...

1623515955267.png
Awesome!! You will love it! I'm showing a June 19-26th delivery for my Red/Black Model 3 Performance, so shouldn't be far behind. :) No FSD on mine either. I was REALLY expecting to take delivery on the Jeep before the Tesla but who knows now?? My 4XE has been in "Storage" since May 28th now. :(

Edit - Just set up a delivery reservation for the 24th for the Tesla, pumped!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Congrats. Welcome to Jeep+Tesla family.
I won't take this thread too far off topic, but we picked up the M3P this past Sunday.

It's just goddam stunningly fantastic, totally changes up everything about the vehicle experience. Fast, quiet, packed with tech, stellar sound system ... and about $10 to "full up".

FWIW, I'm on TMC under the same username :D

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Had no idea we have so many Tesla/Jeep crossovers here.....+1 on the fantastic experience with the Model 3 performance...for anyone looking for a longer range/commuter it's definitely worth a test drive.

OP
OP

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one month checkpoint. I am averaging 27mph at 650miles, still the first gas tank. it struggles to maintain 8th gear at 80mph and consumers 1kwh/mile (Tesla X consumes 425wh), I hope they do something more about drag in the next iteration

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
one month checkpoint. I am averaging 27mph at 650miles, still the first gas tank. it struggles to maintain 8th gear at 80mph and consumers 1kwh/mile (Tesla X consumes 425wh), I hope they do something more about drag in the next iteration
Interesting. I've taken several trips running 80mph and it still picks up from there to pass when needed no problem.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Interesting. I've taken several trips running 80mph and it still picks up from there to pass when needed no problem.
Same. With ease.

OP
OP

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. With ease.
the issue is not surplus power, it has plenty. Its only that in 2H it stays in 8th gear most of the time at 80mph but it is too quick to bump down to 7th gear when driving in 4H-Auto. it stays around 65kw in 2H but 75kw+ in 4H-Auto.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
the issue is not surplus power, it has plenty. Its only that in 2H it stays in 8th gear most of the time at 80mph but it is too quick to bump down to 7th gear when driving in 4H-Auto. it stays around 65kw in 2H but 75kw+ in 4H-Auto.
I didn't notice that on my road trip up to Baltimore and back, but next couple of times I go on any lengthy drives I'll try it in both. I really tend not to put it into 4H unless we're having one of our nasty afternoon thunderstorms though, so I'm usually in 2H.

That being said, I didn't think the output/gearing would be any different in 4H-Auto, unless it detected slippage and then transferred power to the front. Unless that happened I would have thought it would act the same as 2H? Admittedly this is just based on my understanding of how it works based on reading the manual, not any real experience or anything.

OP
OP

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't notice that on my road trip up to Baltimore and back, but next couple of times I go on any lengthy drives I'll try it in both. I really tend not to put it into 4H unless we're having one of our nasty afternoon thunderstorms though, so I'm usually in 2H.

That being said, I didn't think the output/gearing would be any different in 4H-Auto, unless it detected slippage and then transferred power to the front. Unless that happened I would have thought it would act the same as 2H? Admittedly this is just based on my understanding of how it works based on reading the manual, not any real experience or anything.
Jeep drives different on 4H-Auto, very responsive, power is readily available, better handling, BUT low low mileage. I guess I will drive more on 2H... for the planet.

OP
OP

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my growing wishlist:
  1. It remember hybrid mode and max-regeneration button on each start
  2. Power-flow EV page is a choice on instrument cluster
  3. A way to stop creep and double tap brake hold (other than hand brake) on traffic light
  4. EV cover is water proof that it didn't need inner plug cover
  5. Lane keeping assist
  6. Dog mode
  7. Front proximity sensors
  8. USB-C power in rear view mirror housing
  9. Tailgate was hinged on driver-side
  10. Ambient light dimmer did something
Sponsored