First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL sport turbo.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all

I'm the proud new owner of a 2020 jl 2 door sport! ( turbo with the 8 sp ) I've been reading threads trying to figure some things out but I could use some more clarity. I'm looking to run 35s with a 2.5 - 3.5 inch lift. I don't do much off roading, primarily on road and beaches for fishing ( maybe ill hit a light trail here and there ). Yes I know I don't need that lift and tire setup for what I do but its the look I like l. My questions are

1 will a 2.5 inch lift clear the 35s? And if I go to 3.5 inch will I need to upgrade my driveshaft?

2. Will doing this totally kill the on road comfort? Mostly driven on weekends and fairy local but would it be good for road trip or 2 a year?

And finally what are some lift reccomendations for my application? Currently looking at terraflex st2/st3.

Thanks!
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all

I'm the proud new owner of a 2020 jl 2 door sport! ( turbo with the 8 sp ) I've been reading threads trying to figure some things out but I could use some more clarity. I'm looking to run 35s with a 2.5 - 3.5 inch lift. I don't do much off roading, primarily on road and beaches for fishing ( maybe ill hit a light trail here and there ). Yes I know I don't need that lift and tire setup for what I do but its the look I like l. My questions are

1 will a 2.5 inch lift clear the 35s? And if I go to 3.5 inch will I need to upgrade my driveshaft?

2. Will doing this totally kill the on road comfort? Mostly driven on weekends and fairy local but would it be good for road trip or 2 a year?

And finally what are some lift reccomendations for my application? Currently looking at terraflex st2/st3.

Thanks!
Congrats. FWIW, the Mopar 2" lift gives the Sport about 3" of lift.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Eric welcome to the fun!!!

I have a ‘20 Sahara with 2.0. Added 2” Mopar lift and 35s. More specifics are below. This is my DD and I am loving it!!!! Took delivery last September and have been all over the Mid-West with it and even into Ontario Canada. Nearly 12k miles on the rig since Mid-Sept of last year. All but 500 of those miles have been since the lift and 35s were added. Ride even on longer trips (ie 6 plus hours) is good. And if you add the fun factor.... IT IS FANTASTIC.

The combo of Mopar 2” lift plus 35s raised my running board height by 5.5” and I LOVE the stance and ride!!!!!

before lift and 35s.
AF9E2CCD-AD42-4530-B97F-AA8516C521F5.jpeg

After lift and 35s
A76EDFB1-E925-4962-B11E-964B271C8E98.jpeg

Some more info....
JLJP74 Ocean Blue Metallic 2.0L 4 Dr.
Ordered: 7/27/2019
Arrived at dealer: 9/4
I took delivery: 9/5
Added 2” Mopar lift, 20” wheels with 35” tires: 9/10. 35s are TOYO Open Country A/T II XTREME (35X12.50RTLT).

Again welcome aboard and enjoy!!!!

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I too have a 2dr sport on 35’s and I run a 1” lift on mine (with some pretty long bump stops). I put the 35’s on before the lift and didn’t rub (on road) so with that much lift you’ll clear 35’s no problem ! Rides just like stock and feels more stable at speed now. Welcome to your new addiction.

39D647BC-F02B-4300-B01A-59EFDBC80C76.jpeg

OP
OP
Eric0503

Eric0503

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome input so far guys! I've been looking into the 2 inch mopar as well. Love thr look of your rig @cOtter !

Sponsored

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have a 2 door sport, but welcome to the Jeep family!

As for the lift, most of them should keep the ride quality relatively close. I have a Metalcloak Gamechanger 2.5" in lift on my 4 door, and it works just great rides fine and it's my DD, even though iw ork from home so i don't drive it as much as most people do everyday. the Metalcloak lift is more expensive, but it replaces a lot of factor parts with beefier parts.

Teraflex is great, have had them in the past and no complaints. I'm sure you'll love it!

OP
OP
Eric0503

Eric0503

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you running 35s, how do the 3.45 gears handle them?

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Welcome aboard! There a TON of info on here about lifts, tires, and everything in between. My advice is take your time and do your research on what it is you think you want to do with your Jeep. There are a lot of low cost "starter" options out there, but if you're thinking about a 3.5 lift you're in the real deal section. Regardless of which way you do go, make some comparisons between lifts you think you like. You may decide (like me) cheaper is not necessarily better. I'm trying to write this out as unbiased as I can! Hahaha! But seriously, don't rush.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Hey all

Thanks!
Oh I just saw that you're in CT! That's awesome! What part and what dealer did you buy from? Also since your're here in CT I want to mention that @Clayton Off Road is located here and they do make some pretty bad ass lifts!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey all

Thanks!
Check out our 2.5" Overland Plus system! It's designed just as much for on road performance as it is for off-road. All eight of the control arms come with our Giiro joints on both ends, which are maintenance free, self centering, sealed rubber bushings that soak up vibration and road noise while also providing all of the flex you need on the trail.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl

We're right in CT as well! Give us a call if you have any questions (203) 691 8593.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

welcome welcome. you will need to get better off set wheels or wheel spacers to run the 35" tires. as for the Mopar lift it has good reviews but note you will need to buy a few extra parts to make it work properly. I was looking at getting the terraflex st 2.5 myself but again it doesnt come with all the parts you should add when lifting. I finally made up my mind and i will be ordering the JKS J-Konnect 2.5" Suspension System comes with the track bar and the quick disconnecting sway bars links. seems like a good kit for the money. i haven't looked much at the clayton kit myself in detail but seem like a good kit

OP
OP
Eric0503

Eric0503

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@CBEUnion I'm in glastonbury and bought from gengras. I'm checking out that Clayton off road company now! Thanks everyone for the suggestions and pics. Definitely helping!

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Awesome input so far guys! I've been looking into the 2 inch mopar as well. Love thr look of your rig @cOtter !
Thanks Eric!!!!

TO SAY THAT I AM ENJOYING IT IMMENSElY is a HUGE GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!
Sponsored