Sponsored

First time Jeep Buyer - Price Question

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
OP, for what it’s worth...

I recently purchased (Apr 2020) a 2020 3.6L JLUR w/similar configuration as what you posted except mine also had:
- Advanced Safety Group,
- Remote Start
- Granite Crystal Metallic paint
- Leather interior
- MOPAR Weather Floor Mats

I negotiated an “Out The Door” price Of $56.9K (from the very beginning of the process...before even placing the special order). That price included TTL (NV), and all fees.

MSRP for this build was $58,895.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The ones I quoted were on yelp. You can also find reviews on google. I'm not sure if the reviews on cars.com are completely representative since that site is financed by dealers, and the reviews on the dealers on websites will certainly be one-sided.
I don’t trust yelp at all. They are filled with shill reviews trying to encourage small business to give them money. We will give you good reviews and or put best reviews on top, it will only cost so much per much....if you don’t buy will load your reviews with bad or misleading claims. Yelp business model should be illegal.

The guy in the vid purchased from nampa at $8k off his $49k msrp.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

I recently purchased (Apr 2020) a 2020 JLUR w/similar configuration as what you posted except mine also had:
- Advanced Safety Group,
- Remote Start
- Leather interior

I negotiate an “Out The Door” price Of $56.9K (from the very beginning of the process...before even placing the special order). That price included TTL (NV), and all fees.

What was your price? OTD cost vary wildly, ca taxes are $5k and in OR they are $0.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Local dealers sell for 3-4% below MSRP and the overwhelming majority of buyers are okay with paying those prices. That’s the relationship that dealers and buyers have here and anyone who doesn’t want to pay doesn’t get to play. They charge what they charge because someone will pay the price. I suspect it’s the same where you’re at.
I'm surprised that right now under current conditions the actual discount from the dealer is so little. I've seen listings where the "dealer discount" was $1,500 on a $40k MSRP. That's only about 3.75%. The bulk of the discount right now is the factory employee pricing rebate. The dealer just passes this on, it isn't coming out of the dealer's profit. I occasionally hear advertised deals of $15k off of pickup trucks. I wondered if this is coming from the factory, surely there isn't that much markup in a $50k truck. Too bad we can't get this kind of thing on Rubicons.

I would think that the internet would even out dealer pricing and maybe it will eventually. What dealers have working for them is that most people look at the monthly payment and not the vehicle price so the dealer has more ways to build in profit irregardless of what they sell the vehicle for. One of the internet talking heads says to negotiate the price of the vehicle and get that locked down before you ever talk about financing, then you can use your own financing, pay cash, whatever.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I was in the dealership yesterday speaking to a salesman while my jeep was being serviced. He told me that they normally have at least 300 Jeeps on the lot and in the back. He said this morning they only had 20. He said they cant get anything til the trucking business gets back to full swing. So you may want to wait for that Rubicon cause the one they had ( It was decked out) was causing a bidding war. The salesman just stood back and watched the $$$$$$ in his eyes

Sponsored

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Lot of people on this forum know how I price Jeeps. I guarantee 7% bellow invoice on all my Wrangler sales. So if I was selling this unit it would be $50,781 ++. They aren't way off base and the fees are subjective to were you live. Ultimately what is important is do you like the vehicle and what is it worth to you.

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon

I recently purchased (Apr 2020) a 2020 3.6L JLUR w/similar configuration as what you posted except mine also had:
- Advanced Safety Group,
- Remote Start
- Leather interior

I negotiated an “Out The Door” price Of $56.9K (from the very beginning of the process...before even placing the special order). That price included TTL (NV), and all fees.

What delealership you went to? I'm from Nevada as well and in the market for a jeep.

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What delealership you went to? I'm from Nevada as well and in the market for a jeep.
Prestige CDJR. I dealt primarily through "CJ"...he looks like a bootlegged version of 'Mac' from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". The whole place has horrible customer service...but ultimately numbers talk and they got me the lowest price in NV and surrounding states.

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
I'm
Prestige CDJR. I dealt primarily through "CJ"...he looks like a bootlegged version of 'Mac' from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". The whole place has horrible customer service...but ultimately numbers talk and they got me the lowest price in NV and surrounding states.
Prestige in centinnial!? I'm about to call this CJ up! I been looking for a special order jeep and all that want us msrp price for it..

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm

Prestige in centinnial!? I'm about to call this CJ up! I been looking for a special order jeep and all that want us msrp price for it..
Don't bother calling to crunch numbers...you're better off just going in person and requesting to speak to CJ only. If you call...call only to verify that he's there.

Also, check your DMs.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I custom ordered a 2021 2dr Rubicon early last month. I did it all through email and one phone call with the dealer. I did check out out of state dealership that was recommended by people here. Here is my build and my analysis on the price. Hope that someone can benefit from it. Good luck :)

Jeep Wrangler JL First time Jeep Buyer - Price Question 070220-analysis1
Jeep Wrangler JL First time Jeep Buyer - Price Question 070220-analysis
Sponsored