First time Jeep Buyer needs advice!

Jenn1220

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I bought a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy's back in September in Ontario and was quoted 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. It just arrived today after almost 8 months. I was aware upon purchase that there was a possibility due to Covid that it could be further delayed to 16 weeks. My question is this: Do you think the dealership should offer some kind of compensation for the extra wait time we endured? The dealer has price matched to a sale price that was a better deal than when I purchased (I bought it at %3.5 sale and dealer matched a %5 sale from December) This price matching was part of our contract so he had no choice. When i asked him about any kind of compensation for the 8 months I had to wait he replied that the dealership was now taking a loss because of the wait (???) and it was a flat out no. So again, should the dealership offer some kind of compensation, whether it be monetary or in services or products? Any advice is helpful!! Thank you!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So again, should the dealership offer some kind of compensation, whether it be monetary or in services or products?
No. The dealership wasn’t at fault for the delay in your vehicle getting to you.

OP
OP
Jenn1220

Jenn1220

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Relative to FWP/invoice. what exactly did you pay?
The build sheet/window sticker price is listed at $59 570 (CAD) and I paid $56 305 total vehicle price MSRP off the purchase agreement and there was a $2500 discount taken from that.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I don't think they owe you an extra discount due to the delay. It was out of the dealership's control.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Agree with all above. COVID, parts shortages, production delays, none of which was the dealers fault. What’s more, is that not only was it not their fault, they were also powerless to do anything about it.

Asking them to cough up even more money after the fact seems like a less than honorable thing to do in my book.

Think of it like stiffing your waitress because the restaurant she works at uses Pepsi instead of Coke.... (not her fault.) Except on a much, much larger scale.

Just my op.
Sponsored