Sponsored

First Time Installing Lift

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I will be installing my 2in lift tomorrow in the garage. One question I have is how far will I need to drop the axle to swap springs? Would it be a horrible idea to put my axles on jack stands and use a forklift to raise the jeep to swap the springs? Or put the Jeep on tall stands and lower the axle to the ground?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will be installing my 2in lift tomorrow in the garage. One question I have is how far will I need to drop the axle to swap springs? Would it be a horrible idea to put my axles on jack stands and use a forklift to raise the jeep to swap the springs? Or put the Jeep on tall stands and lower the axle to the ground?
You can use jack stands under the frame and use floor jack under the axle. With wheel off you’ll have plenty of room for 2” lift springs. No way I’d lift with forklift personally, knowing me I’d stick the forks right through the door....:facepalm:......:)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Do not use a forklift.

Jack stands and jacks are the way to go.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah as Roky said, I wouldn't use a fork lift. They don't have the finesse you want/need when working with a vehicle. Just put jack stands under the frame, and lower the axle with the floor jack.
To answer the other question, you don't need to drop the axle far. I did a 2" kit on mine too, and it was pretty easy. A quick tip I'd give is to disconnect the rear track bar when you do the rear install. Doing that allows the axle to drop a little bit more, and makes getting the rear springs back in a breeze.