Sponsored

First Time Going "Off Road"

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
After 6 months of owning my first Jeep, I finally took the Rubicon on some back roads up near Yosemite this past week (CA-41 & Jackson Rd/Big Sandy Rd/Road 5S18) to be precise). It was absolutely delightful...

Jeep Wrangler JL First Time Going "Off Road" 20211114_163144

I got a nice sampling of all kinds of terrain: dirt roads, splashed through mud puddles, some snow patches, and even crossed a shallow stream! Using the right gear allowed me to go for a couple of hours with very minimal battery usage, too.

At some point I think I'd like to meet up with someone who is a little more experienced so they can show me the full potential of my Rubicon -- PM me if you're interested.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
After 6 months of owning my first Jeep, I finally took the Rubicon on some back roads up near Yosemite this past week. It was absolutely delightful...

Jeep Wrangler JL First Time Going "Off Road" 20211114_163144

I got a nice sampling of all kinds of terrain: dirt roads, splashed through mud puddles, some snow patches, and even crossed a shallow stream! Using the right gear allowed me to go for a couple of hours with very minimal battery usage, too.

At some point I think I'd like to meet up with someone who is a little more experienced so they can show me the full potential of my Rubicon -- PM me if you're interested.
Woo Hoo!! Looked rather bouncy, did you air down the tires and disconnect the sway bar? That smooths out the ride a lot.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It's true what they say, "You always remember your first". :)

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
My first time going off-road was in a 1984 Chevrolet Chevette. I was staring at a hot girl in the car next to me and didn’t realize the road curved. It was much more enjoyable doing it in a Jeep the first time …

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
For that kind of trail what would the recommend psi be?
There really isn't an exact number, it's a matter of preference. The lower you go the softer the ride will be, but also the more likely that you'll pop a bead or hit your wheel on a rock.

Personally I'd air down to 18-20 psi for this. Gives it some softness but a low chance of popping a bead or hitting the wheel on a rock. Others may go lower or higher.
Sponsored