Sponsored

First sighting of 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler PHEV Plug-In Hybrid!

Spoke

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
IT guy
Vehicle Showcase
I really have nothing against the idea of an electric jeep but not for me. The reason it is not for me is because I am an older, old-school, behind the times dude. If an electric jeep could be "electric fueled" as easily as gasoline/diesel, i'm in! Someday you young smart whippersnappers will all be driving kick-ass electric cars jeeps and motorcycles, I'll be dead before this happens so gas/diesel till the end for me.
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Take away these bullshit tax credits for these hybrid/electric cars, and see their dismal sales will fall on their face. You have a hankering for one of these toasters on wheels, YOU pay for it. Not right to make the rest of us subsidize it.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
We are all paying for yours, mine, and everyone else’s gas guzzlers. Cause science.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
We are all paying for yours, mine, and everyone else’s gas guzzlers. Cause science.
Sorry, I’m not a member of the Cult of Global Warming. This is America, you are free to drive and believe anything you wish.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
And don’t say it is “settled science”. A lot of very impressive people disagree.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-ten-most-important-climate-change-skeptics-2009-7
there is only 1 sure way to know who is right .. do nothing. and wait till its too late and then go. oh.. maybe they were right and we got no planet to support us, or maybe, oh they got that wrong for these reasons and now they all stand corrected.
but, what does seem to very clear.. anyone can my any one believe anything. just look at the flat earthers....and looks at the air quality around the major cites of the world and look at the skyline.. i know i would rather live where its no grey blah yellowish from pollution. and that has been proven to come a lot from vehicles. no i don't have numbers, but look and china and india .. its easy to say nah its not true when you have good environmental controls that have already started to clean your air.
the whole debate is a joke.. its like sitting on a train, and someone reports the track ahead is damaged and then arguing about whether you should slow down or not..

Sponsored

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I remember in ice storms and after hurricanes people using their Prius to power home appliances. I don’t know if this FCA battery setup will be as big as that but it might be a great power source for camping off the grid and reduce the need for a second battery system like a lot of overlanders have in their rigs.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
there is only 1 sure way to know who is right .. do nothing. and wait till its too late and then go. oh.. maybe they were right and we got no planet to support us, or maybe, oh they got that wrong for these reasons and now they all stand corrected.
but, what does seem to very clear.. anyone can my any one believe anything. just look at the flat earthers....and looks at the air quality around the major cites of the world and look at the skyline.. i know i would rather live where its no grey blah yellowish from pollution. and that has been proven to come a lot from vehicles. no i don't have numbers, but look and china and india .. its easy to say nah its not true when you have good environmental controls that have already started to clean your air.
the whole debate is a joke.. its like sitting on a train, and someone reports the track ahead is damaged and then arguing about whether you should slow down or not..
The whole debate is a joke to me as well. It started in the 70’s with the Chicken Little, “oh a ice age is coming if we don’t do something”, then ALGORE, “the seas will rise, we will be underwater by 2013”. Global Warming! No, Climate Change! We have to do something!

The problem is, this agenda is pushed by leftists and globalists, and always involves redistribution of wealth. Mainly, U.S. wealth. Have you studied what the impact on the U.S. economy would have been under the Paris Accord? Yet the dirtiest countries, that you yourself mention, China, India, would carry little to no burden.

I’m not buying it. The leftest media push it. The leftest “educators” indoctrinate our children to buy into it. With no debate, it is settled according to those folks. I think for myself and can recognize a scam when I see it. As I said earlier, I’m not a member of that cult. You do as you wish. Might I suggest reading “Green Tyranny” by Rupert Darwall for a different perspective.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I welcome a plug-in hybrid Jeep, especially if it says an option rather than a mandatory change.

The whole debate is a joke to me as well. It started in the 70’s with the Chicken Little, “oh a ice age is coming if we don’t do something”, then ALGORE, “the seas will rise, we will be underwater by 2013”. Global Warming! No, Climate Change! We have to do something!

The problem is, this agenda is pushed by leftists and globalists, and always involves redistribution of wealth. Mainly, U.S. wealth. Have you studied what the impact on the U.S. economy would have been under the Paris Accord? Yet the dirtiest countries, that you yourself mention, China, India, would carry little to no burden.

I’m not buying it. The leftest media push it. The leftest “educators” indoctrinate our children to buy into it. With no debate, it is settled according to those folks. I think for myself and can recognize a scam when I see it. As I said earlier, I’m not a member of that cult. You do as you wish. Might I suggest reading “Green Tyranny” by Rupert Darwall for a different perspective.
Yes, you should get your science from Rupert Darwall, a political analyst. Great idea.

Honestly, if you are going to go down the conspiracy theory route then it would seem like you should follow the money. That'd be big oil corporations and oil-producing countries, not hippies from Sweden.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I welcome a plug-in hybrid Jeep, especially if it says an option rather than a mandatory change.

Yes, you should get your science from Rupert Darwall, a political analyst. Great idea.

Honestly, if you are going to go down the conspiracy theory route then it would seem like you should follow the money. That'd be big oil corporations and oil-producing countries, not hippies from Sweden.
Lol, but the UN “climate experts” don’t have a political agenda.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Let be real, the jl is the soccer moms Jeep. It’s more refined to appeal to that audience. Traditional Jeep owners are buying it no matter what but it added every comfort feature the grocery getter wanted. The battery is just one step closer to the future. Hell I may trade my 18 in on a 20. I can charge at work and would never have any expense during the work week.

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Everyone knows it’s all a conspiracy from big solar... cause solar companies control the world... all this college climatology professors raking in that solar dough. wait... what? That’s not a thing?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Everyone knows it’s all a conspiracy from big solar... cause solar companies control the world... all this college climatology professors raking in that solar dough. wait... what? That’s not a thing?
Professors do actually supplement their income with research grants. From various governmental and corporate entities. So, they have financial as well as political agendas.

Last edited by a moderator:

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
An electric jeep just doesn't do anything for me. 32 mile range? Stupid. This system is only added to try and meet fuel mileage requirements. A bunch of junk added complicating the entire jeep for nothing. Internal combustion for ever!
I agreed with you up until the last sentence. Hybrids are half-ass and offer none of the benefits of a PEV. Once you completely rid yourself of the ICE, you get a virtually maintenance-free vehicle; 17 moving parts compared to around 200 in conventional ICE drivetrains. While i dislike hybrids and wouldn't get this myself, this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0