OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Very nice job! I have a couple of questions about the lift (debating having mine done).
1) Did you have any re-calibrating done for the larger wheels?
2) Did you or do you need wheel spacers to add the 35s?
3) If you don't mind sharing what it cost to do the lift, less the tires and wheels?
Thank! To answer your questions:

1) Larger tires were accommodated for with the TazerJL programmer
2) no spacers but I have aftermarket wheels that are more offset
3) I dont know exactly the cost on the just since it was installed with a couple other things at the dealer at time of purchase so the cost was all bundled together
Sponsored

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
- Brawlee tailgate LED: added this to the rear window and wired it inside the factory tubing that was already there and inside the hardtop so no wiring is visible except at the hard top disconnect point. Wired this up to a switch in the cargo area

IMG_0009.jpg
3031838E-3706-4915-A569-5D0EEB3A9EC0.jpeg
How did you do this? Iā€™d love to duplicate on my rig! Is it straightforward with what comes in the kit, or did you do something different with the switch?

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
How did you do this? Iā€™d love to duplicate on my rig! Is it straightforward with what comes in the kit, or did you do something different with the switch?
Its a Brawlee tailgate LED... there's a lot of details in this thread here. It doesn't come with the switch I added, but there are many different examples of how others have done it here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-brawlee-led-light.12969/

I check this forum every day, and I can't seem to find any other jeep that combines attention to detail and quality as well as you. Beautiful jeep! can't wait for more updates!
haha thank you! have done a few more little things here and there since the last update, will try to compile an update soon!

Jdbwood

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep jku
Awesome write up. I dont own a jl but love looking and getting ideas for when i do purchase one. I bought a pair of full rubicon recon interior for my jk with the red seatbelts. Can't wait to install them. Cost me a lot of coin. But for full 2018 rubicon recon interior with full seats jku, seatbelts, dash bezel with plaque, and cluster. I am happy with them. I like the small custom things like you did. I am very handy and do the same. My jeep is awesome. Talk to you later

Sponsored

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Do you have a link on where you purchased an extra set of JL seat belts?
From the dealer. If you find the "red seatbelts" thread there's a ton of details and I believe I posted the part numbers there.

Sponsored

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Interior

- Mopar tailgate table: added this as well as some molle bags, made some custom patches to keep everything organized (yes its OCD hahah) but the patches came out pretty nice, added bags to the back of the front seats as well with patches

EDIT:
the smaller bags on the seat backs are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075BKFS69/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the four bags on the tailgate table are these in the various colors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DF1SRL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

more info on the patches in my thread here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/custom-jeep-patches-for-molle-bags.14950/

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg

- Under seat bags: Wanted a little extra storage so grabbed the JK under seat storage bags from Dirt Bagz, they fit the JL just fine, provide some extra storage, and when you need to put the seats down you just pull them right out, much easier than just throwing a bunch of crap under the seats, added patches to these as well

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

- Floor mats: added the mopar slush mats and rear cargo mat (kind of annoying to have to cut the seat fabric to install that and they dont stay clipped in well, added the molded mopar mat for the storage tray under the cargo area as well in addition to the mopar door sills

IMG_0039 2.jpg

- Fire Extinguisher / Snow Brush Mounts: added a fire extinguisher mount on one roll bar and used a flash light mount to mount my snow brush on the other side with the factory mounting bolts

IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg

- Tuffy Safe w/ light: added the Tuffy center console safe with the combo and wired up an LED light inside of it that is wired up to the ignition on wire from the footwell aux wires, much easier to see whats in the safe now when reaching in to grab stuff

IMG_3081.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3082.jpg

- Rewired my iPhone cable: didn't like the iPhone cable for CarPlay coming out of the console out the top of the safe so I drilled down into the console under the mat and ran the cable down and out the center console and it comes up near the e-brake since I keep my phone in the cup holder or under the e-brake.

IMG_0040.jpg

- Custom seat covers: like to keep seat covers handy for the dogs or messy days so I had these amazon covers embroidered with the Rubicon logo to match the seat embroidery

IMG_0043.jpg

- Other misc: added the Tazer JL, a sunglass roll bar holder from my JK, screen protector on the UConnect... also turned my Mopar crate that the lift kit came in into a little step to help the pup get into the back since its borderline a little high, worked perfectly!

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg

Still To Do

Next few items on my list:

- Black lug nuts/locks: I've got the black gorilla locks/lug nuts waiting to go on, haven't had a chance yet

- Red seatbelts: loved my recon red seatbelts I added to my JK, since these aren't available for the JL, I picked up a fresh set of black JL seatbelts and am having them refinished currently in red, they should be back next week and will be installing them then

- Roof racks: debating if I am going to stick with my Thule roof rack I have or give the Mopar one a shot

- Hood lock: waiting on this to be released still

Update 10/20/18:

Red seat belts are in!

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

Hey man, I am a little late to the game but I think your jeep MODs look fantastic! Congratulations! I was scrolling through the posts (and I might have missed where you posted it so forgive me if this is a repeat question) I loved the bags that you put on the back of the driver and passenger seat, I have already ordered some. Question: where did you get the bags for under the back seat? Also, where did you the mats that you put on the back of your back seat?

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Hey man, I am a little late to the game but I think your jeep MODs look fantastic! Congratulations! I was scrolling through the posts (and I might have missed where you posted it so forgive me if this is a repeat question) I loved the bags that you put on the back of the driver and passenger seat, I have already ordered some. Question: where did you get the bags for under the back seat? Also, where did you the mats that you put on the back of your back seat?
the bags are from here: https://www.jeepswag.com/shop/shop/storage/dirt-bagz-under-back-seat-storage-bags/ and the mats are just the mopar mats its a Jeep part

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Great job, looks fantastic! Where specifically did you drill through for the iPhone cable? I have a red one as well and hate the look of it going down the side of the console!

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
nice touches. Very well thought out. I like your adaptation of the flashlight to the ice scrapper. Stroke of genius. Stay Golden Pony Boy.
Sponsored