First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
You’ve done a great job. Very tasteful.
Love the seat belts.
I also wanted to have the flashing brake light but it’s illegal in Illinois.
Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring.

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
All of your mods are very tasteful and well executed! Do you mind sharing where you had your seat belts done at?
Thank you! There are a couple companies that do it online, Seat Belt Restore on the west coast and Safety Restore on the east coast

You’ve done a great job. Very tasteful.
Love the seat belts.
I also wanted to have the flashing brake light but it’s illegal in Illinois.
Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring.
thanks!

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! There are a couple companies that do it online, Seat Belt Restore on the west coast and Safety Restore on the east coast

thanks!
install instructions on those seat belts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
nothing off hand, most of the panels covering the retractors just pop off with clips, you just need a good T50 and breaker bar to get the bolts out on the existing belts, you can probably find some write-ups for the JK on other forums, its not too different

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I have my seatbelts off now and shipped to www.SafetyRestore.com. Expect a new thread and full write up in the next few weeks. All I can say for now is BREAKER BAR!!! Those fracking bolts are on hella tight!

Jaddie

First Name
Jaddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Odyssey
Amazing build! So beautiful!

I'd love to see some Mojito! seatbelts!

Thank you so much for sharing all this information!

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Sorry, just got home from a 12 hour shift..might of been a little buzzed, lol. Was a rough shift.
no worries, I know the feeling!

Amazing build! So beautiful!

I'd love to see some Mojito! seatbelts!

Thank you so much for sharing all this information!
Thank you! Now THAT would be cool, I would love to see some Mojito Seat belts too! Looks like they have a couple green options

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 6.03.11 PM.png

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Been following the forums closely for the last year and a half awaiting the diesel JL to be released, but finally decided to just pull the trigger on a Sting Gray fully loaded 2.0L Turbo in August and couldn't be happier with it! Sold my 2012 White JKU after picking up the JL. First round of mods is pretty much done...

Farewell to the JK:
IMG_6971.jpg
IMG_4884.jpg

JL Getting Upgraded at the Dealer and Delivery Day:

20180821_120805.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg

JL After Round 1 of Mods:

IMG_0026.jpg IMG_0020.jpg

Exterior:

- Paint protection film: Got the Xpel film put on immediately after brining the JL home, did the full hood, front grille, all lights, and all 4 full fenders. Overall the JL seemed easier than the JK to wrap and resulted in much less seams especially on the fenders. On the hood I removed the Rubicon decals and put them back on over the film to avoid the little bubble around the decals I had on my JK when I went over them, makes the film virtually invisible and highly recommend it this way!

IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg

- Ceramic coat: Also applied the Gyeon ceramic coating over the entire vehicle including where the PPF was, crazy how well this stuff works, makes the Jeep look so clean even after a few weeks, bugs etc. are so much easier to remove after road trips, totally worth it.

IMG_0030.jpg

- Tint: tinted the front windows to match the rears

- Swapped out the antenna for a black one, not a huge fan of the shorter ones so stuck with the original size but blacked out

- Painted the muffler black

- Mopar 2" Lift: had this dealer installed before picking up the JL, a little bit surprised at how high it ended up being, way higher than my JK and much more than a 2" lift!

- Mopar Rock Rail Sliders: had these dealer installed also, I had the ACE rock rails on my JK and wasn't a huge fan of how they looked when doubled up over the stock rubi rock rails, went with these mopar rails as they still offer protection and offer enough of a step to make it easy to get in./out and have a sleeker profile than the ACE rails

IMG_0031.jpg

- Wheels/Tires: Went with the Quadratec hard rock style wheels, loved these on my JK but wanted a blacked out look and the wide wheel, and went with the 35" BFG K02s, very happy so far with these, getting 20-21 MPG mixed city/hwy with these and the lift, missed the little red Willy’s Jeep from the factory wheels so added some decals

IMG_0023.jpg

- Spare tire reinforcement: Added the mopar kit as well, like the look and at least the peace of mind, not sure it does much
Very nice job! I have a couple of questions about the lift (debating having mine done).
1) Did you have any re-calibrating done for the larger wheels?
2) Did you or do you need wheel spacers to add the 35s?
3) If you don't mind sharing what it cost to do the lift, less the tires and wheels?
Sponsored