Sponsored

First Rivian R1T Reviews - A Preview Of All-Electric Jeep Wrangler Capabilities?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm pretty sure I know how this thread is going to go, but I wanted to give it a shot anyways...

The first full reviews of the production Rivian R1T are out, and as the first fully-electric off-road vehicle, this seems like a great indication of some of the capabilities that are possible when you completely ditch the ICE platform and fully embrace EV:

1. ALL THE STORAGE
2. Fully flat underbelly
3. Full power send to each individual wheel
4. Fully adjustable height (range of 6-inches, I believe)

https://www.slashgear.com/2022-rivian-r1t-first-drive-28692772/

**I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY THAT THE RIVIAN R1T COMPETES WITH THE JEEP WRANGLER**
I'm just trying to highlight some of the CAPABILITIES that the R1T has and how they could look if/when FCA goes full-electric.
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I'm pretty sure I know how this thread is going to go, but I wanted to give it a shot anyways...

The first full reviews of the production Rivian R1T are out, and as the first fully-electric off-road vehicle, this seems like a great indication of some of the capabilities that are possible when you completely ditch the ICE platform and fully embrace EV:

1. ALL THE STORAGE
2. Fully flat underbelly
3. Full power send to each individual wheel
4. Fully adjustable height (range of 6-inches, I believe)

https://www.slashgear.com/2022-rivian-r1t-first-drive-28692772/

**I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY THAT THE RIVIAN R1T COMPETES WITH THE JEEP WRANGLER**
I'm just trying to highlight some of the CAPABILITIES that the R1T has and how they could look if/when FCA goes full-electric.
Saw one of these in Laguna Beach the other day, looked pretty cool. The technology is there, and they are proving it out.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Interesting, no dimensions in the article, but guessing by the 4.5' bed, maybe similar to the Ridgeline.

Looks like it's a pretty standard air suspension with some fancy features. At least the front is standard IFS, complete with CV axles, upper and lower CAs, and a knuckle.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/2022-rivian-r1t-suspension-explained/

Although it can baseline different heights, I'd assume the uptravel is severely limited by spring-UCA contact in higher settings.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Rivian R1T Reviews - A Preview Of All-Electric Jeep Wrangler Capabilities? 1632856201012

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
They did pretty good in the later Ewen McGregor adv bike series. "Long Way Up".

Side note, great series of you're interested in bikes. The first one Long Way Round is one of the best adv shows I've seen.
I agree with both your statements!

Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
They did pretty good in the latest Ewen McGregor adv bike series. "Long Way Up".

Side note, great series if you're interested in bikes. The first one Long Way Round is one of the best adv shows I've seen.
I’m not a bike person and I thought all of them were great. Definitely worth the time to watch.