Sponsored

First Responder Incentive for Sahara 4xe not available?

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
I am picking up my new and long awaited Sahara 4xe this Saturday. Dealer is telling me that it does not qualify for $500 off first responder incentive. I find it weird since Jeep's incentive website does not show that Wranglers Sahara are excluded* from getting this discount. Here is the website: https://www.jeep.com/incentives/first-responder.html I am a firefighter so I was looking forward to saving couple of dollars on my purchase.
Anyone came across this issue and were you able to solve it?

* Exclusion: The offer is valid on 2021 JeepĀ® Brand vehicles, excluding Gladiator Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Rubicon models, and on 2020 JeepĀ® Brand vehicles, excluding Gladiator Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Rubicon models.
Sponsored

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Right there with you!!!! I picked mine up a week ago, I was beyond furious too. Itā€™s not the dealers fault itā€™s Jeepā€™s. I complained to multiple customer service departments. No one cared. I was almost going to walk away I was that furious, itā€™s not about the money itā€™s about the concept. They clearly care about first responders to give a whopping $500 on a 50k car and then false advertise about it and not honor their own terms.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
It's not the Sahara that makes it ineligible, it's the 4Xe.

I picked my Jeep up yesterday. I think delaer said Rubicons, 4Xe, and 392 were excluded from the 500 first responder savings.

They do need to list these newer models on the public exclusion list to avoid confusion....

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
It's not the Sahara that makes it ineligible, it's the 4Xe.

..... I think delaer said Rubicons, 4Xe, and 392 were excluded from the 500 first responder savings.....
That doesn't surprise me at all. The high demand or high profile vehicles typically don't qualify for discounts. That's why you don't get a discount on an SRT Challenger, or a TRX Ram. FCA isn't the only one either. Ford won't give you a discount on the Raptor, and I doubt the Bronco qualifies for anything.

Basically the incentive is there to help sell an item. Something like the 4xe is going to sell whether it's got a discount or not so they don't discount it or offer incentives.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
caveat emptor. Military discount doesn't apply to ANY Wrangler models.

Sponsored

Mcwilldo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
That doesn't surprise me at all. The high demand or high profile vehicles typically don't qualify for discounts. That's why you don't get a discount on an SRT Challenger, or a TRX Ram. FCA isn't the only one either. Ford won't give you a discount on the Raptor, and I doubt the Bronco qualifies for anything.

Basically the incentive is there to help sell an item. Something like the 4xe is going to sell whether it's got a discount or not so they don't discount it or offer incentives.
They do not include those exceptions In Their advertising. Maybe @JeepCares would like to explain

E9E930CF-B294-44D7-BAE9-272B37A62573.png

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I agree 4xe should be listed as an exclusion if it doesn't apply. I'm interested to hear what they have to say about it.

I wonder if the loop hole is "on select 2020 and 2021 Jeep vehicles."

OP
OP
RafaelK

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
I agree 4xe should be listed as an exclusion if it doesn't apply. I'm interested to hear what they have to say about it.

At least it looks like I am in good company. I will open a case with Jeep and see where it takes me. If it would say on the website that it is not available then it would be a different story. I agree that the "select models" might be their way out of it but it feels a bit misleading. I will update if anything interesting comes from my call.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
caveat emptor. Military discount doesn't apply to ANY Wrangler models.
Fortunately that is not a true statement, at least it wasn't for me.

The military discount eligibility is no good on a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon but is good for the others.

At least it was good on the Sahara. I recieved my discount less than 2 weeks ago.

Probably wouldn't work on the 4xE or the 392 either even though those models aren't listed as an exclusion.

BUT, the military discount isn't available for ANY 2020 Wrangler model. 2021's, yes (except for Rubicon), 2020's, no.

Doesn't make any sense to me because if any 2020 Wranglers were still unsold you'd think they'd want to move them off the lot.

And I agree with the thread starter, if Jeep really does appreciate the sacrifice of the First Responders and Military, why have any exclusions at all?

JeremyRK

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee, 2021 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I had a similar problem. I received a $3000 private cash offer. It lists no exclusions. I thought Iā€™d hit the lottery, as my 4xe was on its way. Ordered 1/18. Got here last Thursday and my dealer finally checked the offer Iā€™d given them a week earlier to checked. You know, so i could get the Jeep Iā€™ve waited on fo 4 months!

Gave me a wrong reason that I wasnā€™t able to use it (said I couldnā€™t stack with friends & family incentive pricing). Thatā€™s dead wrong. Itā€™s because itā€™s a 4xe.

Itā€™s been a bummer because I was so excited to get it. But I think Iā€™m going to just go to the Willy I was going to get before the 4xe. Although I do have a case open with JEEP Chat & if they ok my using it, Iā€™ll continue with the 4xe purchase. They asked me to send a copy of the mailer, so Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed. Iā€™ll update here if anything comes of it.

if not, Iā€™m telling my first dealer I want my deposit back and going to another dealer. I feel like Iā€™ve been doing their job for them.

81CBADF5-C018-49D9-B357-7237E5712D69.png

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am picking up my new and long awaited Sahara 4xe this Saturday. Dealer is telling me that it does not qualify for $500 off first responder incentive. I find it weird since Jeep's incentive website does not show that Wranglers Sahara are excluded* from getting this discount. Here is the website: https://www.jeep.com/incentives/first-responder.html I am a firefighter so I was looking forward to saving couple of dollars on my purchase.
Anyone came across this issue and were you able to solve it?

* Exclusion: The offer is valid on 2021 JeepĀ® Brand vehicles, excluding Gladiator Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Rubicon models, and on 2020 JeepĀ® Brand vehicles, excluding Gladiator Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave and Wrangler Rubicon models.
They do not include those exceptions In Their advertising. Maybe @JeepCares would like to explain

Jeep Wrangler JL First Responder Incentive for Sahara 4xe not available? 81CBADF5-C018-49D9-B357-7237E5712D69
Thanks for tagging us here, Mcwilldo.

We're sorry to hear of this situation RafaelK and thank you for sharing your story. Unfortunately, our team assists customers with vehicle concerns and do not have any insight into incentives or discounts, as that is held at the dealer level. We do recommend speaking with the selling team for more information. I apologize that I cannot provide further details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored