Sponsored

First real world diesel rubicon mpg test

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Thank you. That does not seem like a lot. I like changing my own oil, air filters etc., so its about the same. I change my oil every 5k. Just want to make an informed decision when time comes.
I’ll direct this comment to you, but it actually applies to many folks on the forum who have mentioned their arbitrary oil change intervals which are shorter than the manufacturer’s recommendation. If you are considering wasting thousands of dollars over the lifespan of the vehicle on potentially unnecessary oil changes, why not spend under $100 on a Blackstone or similar used oil analysis to more accurately time oil changes to your specific engine’s wear pattern?
Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
I’ll direct this comment to you, but it actually applies to many folks on the forum who have mentioned their arbitrary oil change intervals which are shorter than the manufacturer’s recommendation. If you are considering wasting thousands of dollars over the lifespan of the vehicle on potentially unnecessary oil changes, why not spend under $100 on a Blackstone or similar used oil analysis to more accurately time oil changes to your specific engine’s wear pattern?
Now you are going to have to enlighten me and the other non-mechanically inclined forum members what is it and where to get it. I think I do it at 5k because I see it as preventive maintenance. And remember that ignorance is bliss...:whatsgoingon:

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you are going to have to enlighten me and the other non-mechanically inclined forum members what is it and where to get it. I think I do it at 5k because I see it as preventive maintenance. And remember that ignorance is bliss...:whatsgoingon:
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests/standard-analysis/

You send them a sample of your used oil, they test it and compare to known standards. The results give you an objective idea of whether the manufacturer suggested interval is too long, or in some cases, not long enough depending on your driving conditions and the variances within your specific engine.

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/tests/standard-analysis/

You send them a sample of your used oil, they test it and compare to known standards. The results give you an objective idea of whether the manufacturer suggested interval is too long, or in some cases, not long enough depending on your driving conditions and the variances within your specific engine.
Thank you very much again. I am trying to learn as much as I can and keep my Rubicon up to snuff. Probably will start some kind of moderate upgrade in the near future. But then again, the Ecodiesel temptation is strong...

mtnbikeracer76

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Cherokee , 2008 HHR SS
Occupation
Warehouse
Using Blackstone was an eye opener for me. In my HHR SS , turbo 2.0 cyl, putting out 300 hp, I was changing the oil every 7-8000 miles. I used Blackstone and found that I could extend my oil change intervals out to 10k. Going an extra 2-3k miles between changes, saved me probably close to $400 bux over the last 7 years. If I would have bought this car new, closer to 1k in savings would have been more likely.

Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Using Blackstone was an eye opener for me. In my HHR SS , turbo 2.0 cyl, putting out 300 hp, I was changing the oil every 7-8000 miles. I used Blackstone and found that I could extend my oil change intervals out to 10k. Going an extra 2-3k miles between changes, saved me probably close to $400 bux over the last 7 years. If I would have bought this car new, closer to 1k in savings would have been more likely.
Do you use synthetic or conventional oil? I use synthetic 0W20 and never had any issues. I keep my receipts for the oil and filter and keep a minilog of the date and mileage. So being retired, gives me something to do.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I’m looking forward to the first dyno and mpg results from a deleted JLU 3.0.
The funny thing is that even if I did this and Dyno’d it I would never post the results because so many of the members of this thread were negative about my post with a stock EcoD on the Dyno.

It put out more than what it’s rated for and everyone lost their minds. Pretty sad and strange. This kind of stuff WILL make future members (or at least me) not want to post interesting things on here anymore because of all the trolls.

Sad really... So I doubt you’ll ever see anyone post these Dyno results or MPG on a deleted EcoDiesel. Even if they did 98% of members on here would just chime in with asinine comments like “impossible it put out that much power” - “something is clearly wrong here” - “no way you got that MPG in a Jeep” etc etc etc etc etc etc

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing is that even if I did this and Dyno’d it I would never post the results because so many of the members of this thread were negative about my post with a stock EcoD on the Dyno.

It put out more than what it’s rated for and everyone lost their minds. Pretty sad and strange. This kind of stuff WILL make future members (or at least me) not want to post interesting things on here anymore because of all the trolls.

Sad really... So I doubt you’ll ever see anyone post these Dyno results or MPG on a deleted EcoDiesel. Even if they did 98% of members on here would just chime in with asinine comments like “impossible it put out that much power” - “something is clearly wrong here” - “no way you got that MPG in a Jeep” etc etc etc etc etc etc
More likely they’d report it to the EPA :CWL:

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
More likely they’d report it to the EPA :CWL:
Oh that’s 1,000% for sure :bandit:

I’d leave all the factory junk in place and just gut it all for “visual inspection” purposes too lol

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
100% stock JLURD towing 3500# Off Road Trailer from NorCal to Death Valley. Trailer connected at all times. Mostly highway, Some hills, lots of dirt roads, some 4 Low.
Power was great, actually impressive. Factory gearing is correct for this set-up.
Jeep Wrangler JL First real world diesel rubicon mpg test 8CED0D85-A27F-45B9-8896-A3A7DF7FC0E5

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
What mileage have you been getting unloaded/ no trailer NCJL?

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! Those are good numbers.
I was getting 19 at most on my 2.0 with the stock fallen m/t’s.
I’m pretty easy on it and at sea level here in Sacramento area but tend to get over 75 in traffic at times.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
What mileage have you been getting unloaded/ no trailer NCJL?
I just pulled 27.3 mpg hauling ass going 75-85 the whole way for hundreds of highway miles. Up to 90 - 96 sometimes when the situation was right. Yes I rode on the speed limiter.

This is with the wife and I and our 2 dogs and Jeep loaded down with crap for a week long holiday trip.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The torque of the ecodiesel already has me interested in trading my 2.0.
27 mpg in a JLUR is fantastic. That’s almost 500 miles range.
Sponsored