Not open for further replies.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
My Punk’n has the gray, but the 2020s I’ve seen have red. You’re correct on the tan interior, tho. I’m looking at black leather. I’ll have to pop that red dash out and have it painted Punk’n.
Well, if you're still looking for a '20 in Punk'n, you may be out of luck. It doesn't appear in the 2/11 order guide.
Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Usually the build tool lags a month behind the current custom order options.

The best explanation I have received is that the tool on the site is primarily for then searching for your build at dealers. So it is there to help look for Jeeps already on lots, not to build your custom order.

The pdf output is also not the best for providing to dealers when custom ordering, further promoting the idea that it wasn't build for those reasons.....or it is just poorly built and they are slow at updating....but we'll be optimistic and stick with the former explanation.
Adding a color to the Jeep site would take a developer less than ten minutes of real work time.

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
Does it really matter?

The real world pictures are more helpful anyway, although the best option is seeing one in person.
It’s not that important. I’m just curious, this will be my first jeep. I’m working through getting a 2016 Sarge green or a 2020 Sarge green. Seeing both in person, they are the same color. I don’t plan to purchase until June so I have time.
It does seem like Jeep and Jeep dealers rely on strong loyalty from the following.

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
Does anyone know if there is a $195 cost for the sarge green. I'm ordering my JLU in March and keep going back and forth between sarge green and ocean blue.
No $195 cost when I ordered in February 1st. I think in Latest order guide it is showing as free as well.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Well, if you're still looking for a '20 in Punk'n, you may be out of luck. It doesn't appear in the 2/11 order guide.
I saw that in another thread. I’m just gutted if I can’t get one. That is the only color I want. I’ve always wanted an orange car (I know, not a car) and nothing else will do. I asked Stericycle how quickly I can order my replacement. First world problems, I know, but it’s a big deal to me.

Sponsored

ClackyJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Diesel
Vehicle Showcase

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
It’s odd there aren’t more Sarge Green Jeep’s out there at dealers

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Different strokes....I read a lot of posts where folks didn’t like the interior and loved the Sarge Green. I thought the interior was sharp and wasn’t crazy about the Jeep’s color. Oh well, to each their own.

Sponsored

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
Max, you saw it in person, is it possible the color looks lighter in the sun like this picture depicts?

It is a Dark green, darker then the Gator on the Gladiator. It is slightly lighter in the sun then in the shade. If you have seen the 2016, then you’ve seen the color. I think they called that color Tank Green. I like it, it is as close to Army green as the Wrangler has had in years. I do like Gator better. But, my wife and daughters don’t like the gladiator.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Doesn’t look like anything special. It’s not quite an army green, and it isn’t an appealing non-army green. Just one dudes opinion, but I can’t get excited about this color.
Have to agree wholeheartedly. Puts the "D" in drab IMO.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It is a Dark green, darker then the Gator on the Gladiator. It is slightly lighter in the sun then in the shade. If you have seen the 2016, then you’ve seen the color. I think they called that color Tank Green. I like it, it is as close to Army green as the Wrangler has had in years. I do like Gator better. But, my wife and daughters don’t like the gladiator.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm liking how its the closest we've had to Army green in a while.

Tank Green is a different color, more of an olive green, than Sarge Green. Sarge Green was available in 2016 and is a little greener. It looks like Tank Green was available in 2015 and possibly also in 2016 (at least from searching the images on Bing). I have a slight preference for Tank Green, but Sarge Green is perfectly acceptable here.

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm liking how its the closest we've had to Army green in a while.

Tank Green is a different color, more of an olive green, than Sarge Green. Sarge Green was available in 2016 and is a little greener. It looks like Tank Green was available in 2015 and possibly also in 2016 (at least from searching the images on Bing). I have a slight preference for Tank Green, but Sarge Green is perfectly acceptable here.

I like the Army look. So, Sarge Green will be my choice this June. For those of you that don’t like the Red dash, there’s the Rubicon Recon.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
It’s odd there aren’t more Sarge Green Jeep’s out there at dealers
It takes time to roll out all of the new colors. Hella Yellow and Bikini took time also. Besides, the dealers may not have a ton of room on their lots for new Jeeps. Probably be plentiful in a month or two though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.