First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I got to be the first to test drive the SG Rubicon on the start of this thread.
Drives quieter then I anticipated, doors close easily and most important, it looks way better in person then in pictures. The color looks very similar to 2016 (75th anniversary). The red dash looks more rust color than Christmas red. It’s as close as we will get to Army green till at least 2021...
The dash looks red in my pics, but more rust in person.
CAE41811-4732-45C3-8361-0513C40BC71D.jpeg

Man, i'm ordering my JLUR next month and was set on the ocean blue. After these pics now I might be changing my mind!
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Just order it with a grey dash...my Rubicon has a grey dash
That's part of the problem, you cannot specify the dash color. I think as of 2020 all Rubicons come with the red dash, where in 2018+2019 it depended on exterior color (Mojito, Orange, Yellow got silver). I don't know if a tan interior would change the dash color to silver.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
That's part of the problem, you cannot specify the dash color. I think as of 2020 all Rubicons come with the red dash, where in 2018+2019 it depended on exterior color (Mojito, Orange, Yellow got silver). I don't know if a tan interior would change the dash color to silver.
Unfortunately, this is correct. I’ve been test-driving 2020 Rubicons and they all have the red dash. It looks horrible with yellow, Punk’n :mad:, and even with red.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately, this is correct. I’ve been test-driving 2020 Rubicons and they all have the red dash. It looks horrible with yellow, Punk’n :mad:, and even with red.
My Punk’n Rubi has a black dash. Not red. Cloth interior.

I think with the white Jeeps you can get black or gray but it has to be the tan leather interior. Nonetheless punkn doesn’t have red dash.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I think with the white Jeeps you can get black or gray but it has to be the tan leather interior. Nonetheless punkn doesn’t have red dash.
2018+2019 Punkin do not have the red dash. 2020 does with a black interior. Someone at work told me all 2020 Rubicons now have the red dash, at least for black interiors, even the Mojito. Look at the post above yours, @RagTopDeluxe specifically lists Punkin as having a red dash.

Sponsored

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
2018+2019 Punkin do not have the red dash. 2020 does with a black interior. Someone at work told me all 2020 Rubicons now have the red dash, at least for black interiors, even the Mojito. Look at the post above yours, @RagTopDeluxe specifically lists Punkin as having a red dash.
ah. That’s too bad. You’re right. I just tried to build on Jeep.com and it keeps the red dash for punkn. I consider myself lucky getting one without the red dash!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah. That’s too bad. You’re right. I just tried to build on Jeep.com and it keeps the red dash for punkn. I consider myself lucky getting one without the red dash!
Likewise. I was surprised when I found out also. Not sure I would have gone Mojito with a red dash, although some have changed the dash colors themselves.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I agree.

The one I ordered has the black leather seats and thus, the red dash and stitching. I'm not a big fan of the red dash no matter what color exterior of the Jeep, but will live with it for a while because the exterior isn't as noticeable when driving (edit: just looked at the pic again and you do see the green when inside, we shall see how it looks once it actually arrives) and the dash isn't very noticeable from outside when the door is closed. Eventually, I plan on having the dash painted Sarge Green, which will be awesome. I had another car that was ocean blue metallic with the center console painted to match the exterior and it was indeed awesome, as it complemented the grey interior and drew the exterior color in when you opened the door.

Back to the Rubicon hood decal, not to mention the Jeep logo... Yuck. That red outline really clashes with the sarge green.

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the Rubicon and Jeep logos on the exterior?
Plastic Dip them.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

My Punk’n has the gray, but the 2020s I’ve seen have red. You’re correct on the tan interior, tho. I’m looking at black leather. I’ll have to pop that red dash out and have it painted Punk’n.

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I think the Rubi Recon package gets the all Black dash vs a regular Rubi, which gets the one with a sprinkle of Red! Check it out on jeep.com
Yeah, but those red seat belts, ugh. I'm just not a fan of bright red, so I want to minimize it.
The Recon is also exclusively available with the four cylinder, a deal breaker for me.
I have a Sarge Green Rubicon on the way and I'm just going to remove the dash panels and paint them body color. I priced the black leather ones and they're almost $400.

mallcrawler

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLJS74
So, either one gets the regular rubi and ignores (or plasti dips) the RED dash OR gets the Recon package w/the BLACK dash but then gets the RED seat belts!! Can't beat the RED....Lol.

Yeah, but those red seat belts, ugh. I'm just not a fan of bright red, so I want to minimize it.
The Recon is also exclusively available with the four cylinder, a deal breaker for me.
I have a Sarge Green Rubicon on the way and I'm just going to remove the dash panels and paint them body color. I priced the black leather ones and they're almost $400.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have thought about swapping my Rubi Red dash ferda leather. I wonder how much work that would be?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Maybe wrap the dash in vinyl if you don't like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.