First real life look at Sarge Green JL [more photos added]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I was holding my breath for this color afraid I would regret my sting gray purchase. Based on the pic, I am glad now. Not OD green enough for me. Too actual green. Gator would be more my linking.

Maybe when I see in person, I will change my mind.
Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I couldn't agree more.

The red dash looks horrible with Sarge. I also would not have wanted a red dash with my Mojito. I like the red dash more than my silver dash, but it does not go with every color. I also think the stock Rubicon wheels look bad with Sarge. With a dark green like that, they should be black.
I special ordered mine with the all black Willy's/Moab wheels. I agree on the red dash, screams "Christmas", I'm definitely going to do something about that. I'll either paint them or just order the silver panels.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Back to the Rubicon hood decal, not to mention the Jeep logo... Yuck. That red outline really clashes with the sarge green.

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the Rubicon and Jeep logos on the exterior?

I agree, Matt, and I was afraid of this. I've briefly looked into replacements and found a site that makes them in the exact same font and size in any outline and inside color you want. The main concern, though, is it's being as durable as the stock one. I'm thinking about keeping the black inside but with a tan or lighter green outline. I'm thinking I'll have a body shop do mine, I'd be too afraid to screw it up.

Sponsored

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, Matt, and I was afraid of this. I've briefly looked into replacements and found a site that makes them in the exact same font and size in any outline and inside color you want. The main concern, though, is it's being as durable as the stock one. I'm thinking about keeping the black inside but with a tan or lighter green outline. I'm thinking I'll have a body shop do mine, I'd be too afraid to screw it up.
Good point about having a body shop do it. Same here that they would likely do a better job, as they have more experience, not to mention the time it would save us from trying to figure out how to change them and then actually taking the time to do it.

If it bothers me too much, I may just attack the red outline with a black sharpie. ;)

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I think it looks great! I wish I had gotten this over my sting-gray, unfortunately i needed a new car when I got mine and this wasn't announced, no way I could have waited..... I don't understand the whole christmasy color issue? The green is darker than traditional christmas green colors, and the red dash is also a lot more dull than in the picture, it's more satin, and also not the traditional christmas red.

Also confused as to why the red dash is the problem toward the christmas colors, yet no one has an issue with the red Rubicon lettering, shocks, or hooks, or jeep logo on the side. It seems the only "Christmas issue" people have is the dash. Why not the rest?

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Good point about having a body shop do it. Same here that they would likely do a better job, as they have more experience, not to mention the time it would save us from trying to figure out how to change them and then actually taking the time to do it.

If it bothers me too much, I may just attack the red outline with a black sharpie. ;)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/711753..._query=rubicon+decal&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&col=1

https://www.amazon.com/Unique-Graphix-Rubicon-Decal-Lettering/dp/B08127VGWF/ref=sr_1_2?crid=14W6U5U291HL7&keywords=rubicon+hood+decal&qid=1581285271&s=automotive&sprefix=rubicon+hood+,automotive,157&sr=1-2

I'm thinking these exact ones:

41FqKfCoXaL.jpg

Last edited:

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
Been waiting all year for this to come out. Lucky me, this dealer is right in my backyard. I will be stopping in on my way to work tomorrow to check it out. Funny thing, it’s still not on the build your jeep website.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Also confused as to why the red dash is the problem toward the christmas colors, yet no one has an issue with the red Rubicon lettering, shocks, or hooks, or jeep logo on the side. It seems the only "Christmas issue" people have is the dash. Why not the rest?
I also think the red lettering and hooks might be a problem also. Its just the dash is more prominent in the pictures in this thread. Its also a large surface area of red, when most of the other red things are accents. I think it would be easy enough to paint the hooks black. But someone should get the color they want.

Sponsored

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
Status
Not open for further replies.