First real life look at Sarge Green JL [more photos added]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Personally, Sarge Green isn’t the color choice I would make for my Jeep but I am glad FCA is now offering it and listening to their customer base.

I can definitely see how others would like it with tan interior and dark dash accents. The red dash accents really stand out in a not so good kinda way though...

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
As I feared- red dash on the Rubi. I love either separately, but green/red is too Christmas for me. Imagine seeing that with the top and doors off. Yuck.
The brown saddle leather with the dark silver dash would look fantastic with Sarge Green. I think the red Rubicon dash looks OK with neutral colors, but it clashes with many others, especially Firecracker red.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
As I feared- red dash on the Rubi. I love either separately, but green/red is too Christmas for me. Imagine seeing that with the top and doors off. Yuck.
well they (Jeep) probably changed the color name.... it was probably sergeant Santa green originally so the red dash would work.

but now that it is just sarge green... I agree with you. Lose the red dash. It would be nice if the Rubi came with body colored, or at least accent color, dash.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I love green but this one isn’t looking too good to me. Hopefully it’s just bad pictures as other Sarge renderings have looked pretty good.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Don't kid. I was thinking about cutting up my uncle's Army Ranger jacket to re-cover my red dash. I think it would look insanely good, but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice a 40 year old Ranger jacket that is mint, but I haven't taken it out in years.
Nah, don’t touch the jacket. You can easily get something at a thrift or Army/Navy store. I’ve still got several pairs of BDUs I can use. I could even put some old unit patches on there.

Now I have a real problem. My wife LOVES the color. My Ocean Blue JLUS may be getting traded for a JLUR in that color.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if the Rubi came with body colored, or at least accent color, dash.
Yeah. But that’d mean Jeep would only make $9,975 per Wrangler, instead of $10,000. :LOL:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Ill keep my Mojito
I couldn't agree more.

The red dash looks horrible with Sarge. I also would not have wanted a red dash with my Mojito. I like the red dash more than my silver dash, but it does not go with every color. I also think the stock Rubicon wheels look bad with Sarge. With a dark green like that, they should be black.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The quality of the photos dont really matter. Theyre not selling magazines. That sarge rubi will sell faster than you can get to the lot and put a deposit down.

people who are in the market for a green jeep will want one and know what it looks like. It could have no photo or a stock photo (white jeep?) Nd it will still sell lol

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Jeep still can't release a solid military-esque green color. Rescue wasn't quite that, but Commmando was great. It's either too bright or too dark. They can't meet us in the middle at all.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep still can't release a solid military-esque green color. Rescue wasn't quite that, but Commmando was great. It's either too bright or too dark. They can't meet us in the middle at all.
I like this Gator green/beige offered on Gladiators. It is darker than Commando and lighter than Tank of a few years back, with a little bit of Gobi thrown in the mix.

3.jpg

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the green.
But maybe a different color hood decal?
I agree.

The one I ordered has the black leather seats and thus, the red dash and stitching. I'm not a big fan of the red dash no matter what color exterior of the Jeep, but will live with it for a while because the exterior isn't as noticeable when driving (edit: just looked at the pic again and you do see the green when inside, we shall see how it looks once it actually arrives) and the dash isn't very noticeable from outside when the door is closed. Eventually, I plan on having the dash painted Sarge Green, which will be awesome. I had another car that was ocean blue metallic with the center console painted to match the exterior and it was indeed awesome, as it complemented the grey interior and drew the exterior color in when you opened the door.

Back to the Rubicon hood decal, not to mention the Jeep logo... Yuck. That red outline really clashes with the sarge green.

Anyone know how difficult it is to replace the Rubicon and Jeep logos on the exterior?

Last edited:

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I don't like it as much as the Jeep Green that my 07 Sahara was - very much an army green, while Sarge '20 looks like it's got more of a forest green bent to it. I love wranglers in olive greens; just a good color for the style.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.