First promo video for the new Scout: "America's Next Shot"

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
This is what happens when you sit down to create a promotional video the morning after watching a production of the musical "Hamilton" the night before.
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
As a marketing professional (albeit not a video person), I kind of hate this video.

It's very cookie-cutter "promoting an American-made product", without a single actual product shot.

Also, the overall narrative/messaging platform doesn't really work. "If America had only one shot to do something memorable..." ... it would be a new version of a pickup that hasn't been made in 40 years? And you'll produce a 2.5min video talking about it without actually showing it? Does it even exist? You couldn't throw in some heavily shadowed, veiled bumper/fender shots (since we're going cookie-cutter)?

I am 100% here for something bringing good quality jobs to the U.S., and I'm not even against EVs in the slightest, but a video like that smells heavily of vaporware and underwhelming realities.
Vaporware is the perfect word here. I don’t know anything and I was thinking the same thing.

BeachPirate

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Liberty
That may be the worse car introduction video ever made. What the hell is that guy talking about. It’s a car not a social experiment. Now I don’t want to buy one, and before I did.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Very uninspiring to say the least.

Jeep Wrangler JL First promo video for the new Scout: "America's Next Shot" Scout_Press_Side_Image01

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I watched the YouTube "commercial" for this ; a 2 Door EV, as promised, a real treat.
Now, lets see what Practicality actually brings.
Sponsored