First problem : the rear wiper turns the other way

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Somehow I never checked the rear wiper since I purchased the new JL. Yes I know I haven't done my homework. Anyways today it rained and so I turned on the rear wiper and I didn't see any wiper moving .I stopped the Jeep and ran outside to see what's going on. Well the wiper blade was turned about an inch to the left from its normal position ,it just slides down under the rear window edge and lands on the upper portion of the rear door which is slightly raised. And so then I called the dealer and he said maybe they installed the motor the other way and on Monday I am heading down to Chrysler to get it inspected by the experts.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
it must be a canadian thing.
^^ sorry had to put that in, couldnt resist ^^.

i tested mine one time to see if it works. i dont know why i brother to check since i dont use it.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I perfectly understand many people may find even topic of malfunctioning rear wiper humorous. Here in The Big White North winters are a reality that sometimes last 6 - 7 months . Soft top would be a nice option but not every Wrangler owner lives in Arizona with a house and a garage.For an apartment dweller in northern climate hard top seems to make much more sense. Often I have a glass of Canadian beer and suddenly I can see so many issues with a new clarity. Try it. : )

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, that's a new one on me. Leave it to a FCA employee to put a rear wiper motor in upside down. I mean, you have Jeeps coming by every 60 - 75 seconds. How in the world does one forget how to install a wiper motor in that short amount of time :angry:.........don't answer that. ;):)

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe they do not pay them enough in the Toledo car plant : )

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I don't even have a hard top but is it possible the wiper was installed incorrectly instead of the motor? Maybe the wiper is supposed to swing from the other way. Just a thought.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Speaking of rear wipers, my vehicles with them have always been super optimistic. The delay setting is always waaayyyy too short causing super annoying sounds from the blade skipping around. Why can't any manufacturer put a 2-3 minute delay?

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Damn, that's a new one on me. Leave it to a FCA employee to put a rear wiper motor in upside down. I mean, you have Jeeps coming by every 60 - 75 seconds. How in the world does one forget how to install a wiper motor in that short amount of time :angry:.........don't answer that. ;):)
Better still Jim, the rigs once built don't go through a checklist of QA tests?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Speaking of rear wipers, my vehicles with them have always been super optimistic. The delay setting is always waaayyyy too short causing super annoying sounds from the blade skipping around. Why can't any manufacturer put a 2-3 minute delay?
Coat the wiper blade tips with Rain-X. I saw this once on a video, tried it, and it worked well to make them move smoothly and quietly.

Of course I only did it on the front blades....

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Yes, I perfectly understand many people may find even topic of malfunctioning rear wiper humorous. Here in The Big White North winters are a reality that sometimes last 6 - 7 months . Soft top would be a nice option but not every Wrangler owner lives in Arizona with a house and a garage.For an apartment dweller in northern climate hard top seems to make much more sense. Often I have a glass of Canadian beer and suddenly I can see so many issues with a new clarity. Try it. : )
You live in Toronto, not Winnipeg.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't even have a hard top but is it possible the wiper was installed incorrectly instead of the motor? Maybe the wiper is supposed to swing from the other way. Just a thought.
Yes , that is a strong possibility I guess but until the Jeep is under warranty I am not fixing anything on it.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We do not grow bananas in Toronto yet. Global warming may have effected some areas of Ohio but certainly not Toronto. I know one think for sure though. Somebody in Ohio where you happen to reside screwed up an easy monkey job of installing the rear wiper the wrong way.
Sponsored