Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Added a second turbo. Now it's a twin-sequential turbo engine.
Considering Superchips can get an increase of 65 HP & 90 lb.ft. at the wheels on a stock 2.0, I would hope a second turbo would do more than that...

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Considering Superchips can get an increase of 65 HP & 90 lb.ft. at the wheels on a stock 2.0, I would hope a second turbo would do more than that...
I believe it's 2 smaller turbos with the first spooling in at lower RPM to get a broader power band without overworking the engine like chipping it up would.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Yup. Until we reach this level of battery technology EV is not going to be practical for a lot of people.

Battery1.JPG
EV technology as it stands now is practical for about 90% of the (non-commercial) driving done world wide.

Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
EV technology as it stands now is practical for about 90% of the (non-commercial) driving done world wide.
No it is not. It will take many years & Many billions of dollars to build enough infrastructure to charge ā€œ90% of the (non-commercial) driving vehicles". You canā€™t magically wave a legislative wand & have utopia. And I suppose the recycling of EV batteries will just organically happen? it will likely be subsidized further increasing costs. All these costs erode perceived savings, trading direct costs for indirect ones. I am not against EV but it is being pushed upon a market that is not ready.
40 million people live in apartments, how are those folks going to charge their EV's? The gov is just now starting to wake up & charge 'road tax' on EV's, and taxes only go up.

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
No it is not. It will take many years & Many billions of dollars to build enough infrastructure to charge ā€œ90% of the (non-commercial) driving vehicles". You canā€™t magically wave a legislative wand & have utopia. And I suppose the recycling of EV batteries will just organically happen? it will likely be subsidized further increasing costs. All these costs erode perceived savings, trading direct costs for indirect ones. I am not against EV but it is being pushed upon a market that is not ready.
Not arguing about some of the issues you mentioned but the smoothness, torque, and power potential of an electric drive train is leagues ahead of a gas engine. My Tesla rocks...makes the 2.0 in my Jeep seem really clunky. Life with the Tesla is actually pretty easy.... I wish a magic wand could be waved....

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Life with the Tesla is actually pretty easy.... I wish a magic wand could be waved....
Remember the 'good old days' when diesel was cheaper than gasoline & you could get better mileage in that Volkswagen Rabbit?
You are right there now with that Tesla, Enjoy it. :like: I think EV's will ultimately cost a lot more than what people envision. I REALLY hope I am Wrong.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Remember the 'good old days' when diesel was cheaper than gasoline & you could get better mileage in that Volkswagen Rabbit?
You are right there now with that Tesla, Enjoy it. :like: I think EV's will ultimately cost a lot more than what people envision. I REALLY hope I am Wrong.
I think you are correct - if nothing else our electric grid canā€™t handle mass EV adoption. California has rolling brownouts now - before widespread adoption....no easy fix there.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
So, who's gonna be down there and getting pictures and videos of these concept cars and posting them up here for us?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Jeep Red Bare Gladiator Rubicon

Who makes the red roll bar for the back?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Fuel cell is the direction we need to take for electric. Batteries will always have a place but on the go green electric power creation is where itā€™s at. Apartment dwellers donā€™t need to plug in. Drive across country no big deal. Existing infrastructure can be fitted (yes I am simplifying it and there is cost) for hydrogen creation, distribution and use at existing gas stations.

Oh, and I like the wheels on the beach rig. Wonder what the backspacing is?