Sponsored

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Nice to see so many 2 door concepts. Now actually build some of them, jeep!

also- this is the second BEV I’ve seen with a manual transmission. Ford collaborated with someone and built an awesome Mustang with a stick. It gives me hope that the manual may live on.
Especially the removable rear windows on the hardtop. I can't believe they never offered that in the 2drs. Maybe now ?
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Especially the removable rear windows on the hardtop. I can't believe they never offered that in the 2drs. Maybe now ?
I would consider a hardtop if it was possible to completely remove myself. I'm too anti-social to ask a neighbor for a hand to take it off and install.

EDIT: Just realized it was only the windows that come out. That's still an interesting concept.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The Commando is really cool, I had a 67 way back when, great Jeep, I just couldn't get some of the body parts I needed to keep it nice. It had a Buick V-6 (stock), a real slow moving torque machine.

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I find the rear bumpers with no plastic corners on the Magneto, and Orange Peelz concepts Very interesting.....Is jeep finally going to address the ridiculous side brackets that bang into the body on even small bumps? Or are they admitting that it doesn't work so just ripped them off? hmmm....

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Instead of looking forward, the Jeepster Beach takes a 1968 Jeepster Commando (C-101), adds in a two-tone paint scheme (Hazy IPA and Zinc Oxide) and throws in a modified 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 340 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque, about 25 percent more power than the production version of that engine. There's an eight-speed automatic transmission and a 4:1 transfer case to move the concept's 35-inch tires. Inside, there are bucket seats with red leather trim and none of that messy carpet that would just collect sand.
Anyone have more info about this?

From https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ncept-ahead-of-2021-easter-safari-157997.html
The engine has been massaged by SRT and packs 340 horsepower and 369 pound-feet (500 Nm) of torque. That's 70 horsepower and 74 pound-feet (100 Nm) more than the standard turbo-four.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
They need to offer those plaid seats as an option. They go well with the firecracker red.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Love the look of this
BB1eP5fn.jpg

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
game changer. I would actually consider getting this.
70kWh isn't all that much given this is not an efficient vehicle, and I haven't seen if that's a gross or net rating. By Comparison the Model 3 gets about 300 miles out of a 70kWh (usable) pack. Given that the Model 3 isn't shaped like a dishwasher and isn't riding on 33" knobby tires, I would expect the Jeep to get something closer to 200 miles with that capacity.

And that's also without knowing how they intend to use this 6spd manual, which seems unnecessary but I don't even care - as long is I'm not taking a massive efficiency penalty.

All I ask is that Jeep give it modern charging architecture. Let me get that range back at 250kw chargers please.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like its too close to dozer 🤔
Honestly I thought it was Dozer, and that would be good for me. Nacho is just too yellow for me, and here in the bright AZ sun it really looks more yellow. I think Dozer has more of an orange tint to it. Punk'n was great, but can't get that anymore.
Sponsored