First post! Soft top issue lock issue

Rubicon630

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon JLU
Hey guys this is my first post here. When i took off my soft top in the fall last year i made a stupid mistake and didnt latch the locks on the pivot hinge. So as soon as i pulled the top out of the mounts on the roll bar both of the pivots rotated quickly. Ive seen other posts regarding this issue but im just wondering were you able to rotate them back to their correct positions or did u have to replace them? Basically im asking how you fixed it. I havent messed with mine yet but im planning on putting the top back on sunday. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
My son and I did that the first time around when we removed the soft top in the fall of 2018. Noob mistake, it happens all the time I imagine. We were able to get it remounted in the spring of 2019 after some fighting, twisting, and swearing. When we took it off in the fall of 2019 we made sure to lock the latch mechanisms AND wrap it in the original vinyl shipping bag before removing it from the Jeep. It was much easier that way! Good luck to you!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey guys this is my first post here. When i took off my soft top in the fall last year i made a stupid mistake and didnt latch the locks on the pivot hinge. So as soon as i pulled the top out of the mounts on the roll bar both of the pivots rotated quickly. Ive seen other posts regarding this issue but im just wondering were you able to rotate them back to their correct positions or did u have to replace them? Basically im asking how you fixed it. I havent messed with mine yet but im planning on putting the top back on sunday. Thanks in advance guys!
@Rubicon630
Thanks for sharing! If you have any future questions or concerns regarding your JL, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored