First post , first Jeep

Stubox

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0t Rubicon
Hi, new UK member just collected my first Jeep . Having had Defenders (90 and 110) it’s nice to have a change. Impressed so far and looking forward to starting the modifications though dealer fitted the RR Spartan front bumper before collection as I really didn’t like the std one.
Jeep Wrangler JL First post , first Jeep 30E8F42E-DAF6-456C-90A8-1993AF144773
Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Welcome, welcome :like:

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Welcome! Let you have a lot of great time with your Jeep!

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Welcome. Good to see another former Defender owner joining the clan :clap: The JL is what the new Defender should have been like.

Sponsored

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Great stuff.
Which dealer did you buy from (if you don’t mind me asking) and what was the process involved in the bumper change.
Did you get them to buy and fit as part of the deal or you had to buy supply and then they fitted at extra cost etc.
I’m looking to do similar.
Thanks

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Also are there parking sensors on that bumper. If not so they just blank them off so doesn’t affect electronics?

OP
OP

Stubox

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0t Rubicon
Hi, bought from Palmers in Hemel. Dealt with Lee the sales manager, very helpful. He suggested the bumper when I mentioned it and they fit it to most of wranglers inc the demos. £690 fitted I think , by them, so picked it up as pic. They bag up the sensors and I ’might’ attempt to fit but don’t miss them. You’ll just get the service notice in the central display when you engage them but that’s it and the rears/screen work perfectly.
Did warn him about other stuff ill be fitting but as it’s my daily driver wont go too mad...

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Also are there parking sensors on that bumper. If not so they just blank them off so doesn’t affect electronics?

You can turn the front sensors ‘off’ with a Tazer so that you don’t get the light coming up on the dash.

Sponsored

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Just curious does having a steel bumper affect insurance premiums that much?

OP
OP

Stubox

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0t Rubicon
Just curious does having a steel bumper affect insurance premiums that much?
I normally go Direct line with the other cars but they won’t underwrite a wrangler JL , so shopped around and always added a ‘winch bumper’ on the quote or when phoning. Didn’t do a thing to the premium.
Now larger tyres or lift did . But I think it’s more insurance company specific tbh.

OP
OP

Stubox

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0t Rubicon
Bestop Sunrider fitted ... bought from jeepmania.eu really good to deal with and answered any questions I had, arrived within the week , will definitely use again.

Also from buzzspecialvehicles picked up some Rigid 360 lights , Alex super helpful and handily only 30 mins away.

FE7096E0-0D4D-48DE-8C71-E54B6A712F09.jpeg

E3A09A96-ADAB-4CF0-A3F2-A629A854441C.jpeg

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Bestop Sunrider fitted ... bought from jeepmania.eu really good to deal with and answered any questions I had, arrived within the week , will definitely use again.

Also from buzzspecialvehicles picked up some Rigid 360 lights , Alex super helpful and handily only 30 mins away.
looks good, how easy was the sunrider to fit? did you need to order anything else or is it complete?

OP
OP

Stubox

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0t Rubicon
Yes dead easy to fit (once you wrestle the z clips into the position and use the new instructions so assemble it off the vehicle ) , comes with everything you need and just the jeep tool kit for the torx40 /ratchet if you don’t have one. Took about 20mins.
Sponsored