Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
I ran into an Arctic Edition JK while I was in Charlotte this weekend and honestly my wife and I both loved the color. I did a quick search and see they called the color Arctic Chill, I wonder if the Earl Grey is close to it? I was not thinking about a new Jeep, I love my Granite '21, but in that Arctic Chill........

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/jeep-wrangler-arctic-edition
Sponsored

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
I’d rather they had simply gone with a lighter shade of Sting Gray. I’m not a fan of the powder blue. YMMV.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
People arguing over what a color looks like, and no one has seen the color in person. I hope it looks red in person so everyone will be wrong. I ordered an Earl Gray Rubi with the colored top and fenders. I'm taking a chance. It worked out well when I ordered Bikini Pearl on my last one.
I got the same! I was starting at it on the US build & price tool with the black HT & fenders and somehow it didn't look quite "right" to me after consulting with my sister & best friend for their opinions, I went with the matching HT & fenders..... A little worried it's gonna look too pretty for a Jeep, but I have a VIN and it's too late to change my order, so lol, what can you do!?

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
I got the same! I was starting at it on the US build & price tool with the black HT & fenders and somehow it didn't look quite "right" to me after consulting with my sister & best friend for their opinions, I went with the matching HT & fenders..... A little worried it's gonna look too pretty for a Jeep, but I have a VIN and it's too late to change my order, so lol, what can you do!?
I did the same. I figure it's a lot easier to downgrade to the black top and fenders than it would be to paint the textured black. You can always wrap the painted top and flares too.

Sponsored

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
You will love it, guaranteed! It's beautiful!

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
I thought that way about the Tuscadero jeeps, and now after seeing them with blacked out wheels and bumpers I think they look sick. I should have picked up that color when I had the chance. I dont think you can ever go wrong with paint matched HT and Fenders.

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
I thought that way about the Tuscadero jeeps, and now after seeing them with blacked out wheels and bumpers I think they look sick. I should have picked up that color when I had the chance. I dont think you can ever go wrong with paint matched HT and Fenders.
Sick as is good sick? I tried to order in that color, but apparently the last order placed Buy this one dealer was April 2022 with that color although I think it’s coming out on some of the other models like maybe a Rubicon or something
OP, You take this picture??
Let's beat a dead horse...

I happened upon the Bronco Cactus color which is supposed to be close to the Earl Grey. Compared to the Jeep behind the chainlink fence (which I'm reposting here) and the EG color on the build site, this Bronco is lighter and is a less saturated blue. All is relative.

In one of the pics you'll see a white car in the back for comparison, and also one shot of my Prius, which is definitely a saturatred sea mist/pearlized/metallic color, which matches the build site color...(which I don't think is accurate). Prolly in between everything whatever that means. Then a CU shot in sun and one i
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1683.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1684.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1682.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1681.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! earl gray-2
n shade.
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! earl gray-2
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1683.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1684.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! IMG_1682.JPG

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
I agree and that's why I ordered mine with black fenders, but with power top but I think the black fenders will make a huge difference just like they did on my 2018 2 Dr punk'n rubicon

Sponsored

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
that was my first choice, but I'm too late for it. The Earl Grey seems washed out and I don't think the bill site is accurate..wish it were.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
You're right. I've had Jeeps since 2013. Still the best color in the last 10 years.
Ahhh Anvil. Such a great color! My wife and I still reflect on that color and smile.....
but then we remind ourselves of the V6 falling apart and feel better about selling it.

Whiteyut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wragler Sahara
I agree and that's why I ordered mine with black fenders, but with power top but I think the black fenders will make a huge difference just like they did on my 2018 2 Dr punk'n rubicon
I ordered Black Fender also and Satin Grill, might regret it but on the Build Site it just looked like to much blue without the contrast of the Black. Plus the Painted Fenders just get hammered an rock chiped out here with all the gravel roads.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this Willys 4xe at the end of a TFL video. I can't tell if it's Earl or not. Grays all look the same to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! Screenshot_20220922-164052_YouTube

Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a production Earl color Wrangler?! Screenshot_20220922-164136_YouTube

It could be Sting Gray though.

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
That does look like the Earl Grey, thanks so much! Looks good!
Sponsored