Sponsored

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I was back and forth on these two colors as well.... I have seen a Sting Grey 392 in person and it looked awesome, so can't really go wrong. đź‘Ť
Glad to hear that! I’ve been kinda bummed about going with sting grey lately.
Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
INSANE!!!!!!!!!
I couldn’t help but punch it after accompanying service employee from service center to dealership and can’t sugar coat that I felt the acid from the gforce come up from my stomach to my mouth for a sec. :CWL:

P.S. - gas tank was nearly completely empty so I made sure to stop with service employee and fill up the tank full of 93 octane at a reputable brand gas station. Wasn’t taking any chances that dealership had actual premium gas stored away in some dirty plastic unmarked container. Paid from my own pocket and at least have piece of mind.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I couldn’t help but punch it after accompanying service employee from service center to dealership and can’t sugar coat that the I felt the acid from the gforce come up from my stomach to my mouth for a sec. :CWL:

P.S. - gas tank was nearly completely empty so I made sure to stop with service employee and fill up the tank full of 93 octane at a reputable brand gas station. Wasn’t taking any chances that dealership had actual premium gas stored away in some dirty plastic unmarked container. Paid from my own pocket and at least have piece of mind.
So the hemi takes super premium I guess. Man here in Texas that's like 50 cents more a gallon I know California is way up there but in Texas if I remember right I think it's like 3:40 a gallon. And being in that gas pedal all the time I bet that tank will be empty a lot or quick. Friend of mine has the hemi in a Challenger and he's always in the gas had two tickets already and the gas gauge moves when he punches it

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the hemi takes super premium I guess. Man here in Texas that's like 50 cents more a gallon I know California is way up there but in Texas if I remember right I think it's like 3:40 a gallon. And being in that gas pedal all the time I bet that tank will be empty a lot or quick. Friend of mine has the hemi in a Challenger and he's always in the gas had two tickets already and the gas gauge moves when he punches it
Was $90 to fill up the tank from completely empty! But unfortunately 91-93 octane is requirement for the 392.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Has anyone ran a tank of 87 in a 392 yet? I only ask as there are remote places that don’t have premium.
Or, I’ve seen stations run out of 91 and when you’re sucking fumes, you have no choice.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone ran a tank of 87 in a 392 yet? I only ask as there are remote places that don’t have premium.
Or, I’ve seen stations run out of 91 and when you’re sucking fumes, you have no choice.
I would keep a spare bottle of octane booster in vehicle just in case that situation arrises. I would not take a chance running straight 87 in a Hemi ever, even if left with no choice. This is also not a bad choice to have on hand:

https://petroleumservicecompany.com...aTM_m13d-MiAGGyWaCSIpmZFEGb3aBUBoC5cAQAvD_BwE

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I should have said at least 91 octane is a requirement for the 392. My apologies.
Oh no worries at all! I’m just relieved 91 is okay. I searched online and there are a handful of stations that sell 100. I wonder how that would feel in a 392? Or better question is I wonder if there would be any difference at all.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many

Yes you can run 87 octane. The computer will manage the fuel mapping to keep detonation out of the engine. Will not hurt anything at all. Of course you want to run at least 91, but in a pinch 87 will do just fine.

Sam

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
The only thing I’m really curious to hear about is from someone who has been driving a standard 392 with 3.73 gearing and swapped with an XR with 4.56.

Currently with my BFG K02 37s I can’t tell any difference from the stock tires to the upgraded tires. I would be curious to see how much better this gearing is in case I decide to do it in the future.
I went to 35" tires and had rebell off road regear to 4.56 , I installed the Mopar electric brake controler and instearted airbages in the springs. I tow a 6k lb trailer with NO issues. When I airdown the bags you do not even know they are there. The 4.56 gearing was a must for me. Towing I am getting around 11 MPG and freeway about 16....unless my foot gets twitchy....
Sponsored