First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
Posted by someone in one of the 392 Facebook groups, no other details other than their dealer just got it in, and it appears to be Granite Metallic, same as my order which shipped Monday šŸ˜Ž

Jeep Wrangler JL First pic of a 392XR (Xtreme Recon)! Jeep Wrangler 392 Xtreme Recon 392XR

Updated with another in Sarge Green

1634093740007-png.png
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 73239

I like the additional plates on top of the steel number.
I know itā€™s not but in that lighting the body color almost appears like a frost green and looks awesome.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Looks good, both my 329 XR's hit D1 this week.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
The only thing Iā€™m really curious to hear about is from someone who has been driving a standard 392 with 3.73 gearing and swapped with an XR with 4.56.

Currently with my BFG K02 37s I canā€™t tell any difference from the stock tires to the upgraded tires. I would be curious to see how much better this gearing is in case I decide to do it in the future.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The only thing Iā€™m really curious to hear about is from someone who has been driving a standard 392 with 3.73 gearing and swapped with an XR with 4.56.

Currently with my BFG K02 37s I canā€™t tell any difference from the stock tires to the upgraded tires. I would be curious to see how much better this gearing is in case I decide to do it in the future.
It's going to knock a half second off your 60 time. Not saying it's needed -- 3.73's are perfectly fine for your use case given the torque, but yeah, gears make a large difference. It's one reason I held out for the XR.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
It's going to knock a half second off your 60 time. Not saying it's needed -- 3.73's are perfectly fine for your use case given the torque, but yeah, gears make a large difference. It's one reason I held out for the XR.
You have anything to back that up? I'm not challenging you per se but I figured the heavier tires/wheels would offset things.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Posted by someone in one of the 392 Facebook groups, no other details other than their dealer just got it in, and it appears to be Granite Metallic, same as my order which shipped Monday šŸ˜Ž

Jeep Wrangler 392 Xtreme Recon 392XR.jpeg
Looks like an exact match to mine which is still waiting on transport to NY from NJ port!

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Like I said, they get test numbers no one else can get. Anything from Stellantis or anyone that has tested both? Or anything else that shows, other than conjecture, that the regear is enough to overcome 70 pounds (ish) of unsprung weight.

Car and Driver got 3.3 seconds to 60 for my X3MC. No one else has come close (other than those online who make questionable claims to having "stock" cars).

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
You have anything to back that up? I'm not challenging you per se but I figured the heavier tires/wheels would offset things.
Thereā€™s info out there that states itā€™s now 4.0 sec to 60 and quicker down the quarter mile. Those gears make a massive difference

TheSonofSal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU/JLU
Ask anyone whoā€™s swapped out 3.73ā€™s for 4.56ā€™s like myself and theyā€™ll tell you itā€™s a dramatic difference. I wouldnā€™t doubt a .5 sec 0-60 increase.
Sponsored