Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Ask anyone who’s swapped out 3.73’s for 4.56’s like myself and they’ll tell you it’s a dramatic difference. I wouldn’t doubt a .5 sec 0-60 increase.
👍Probably a wash if going from 4:10 to 4:56 with 35’s but 3:73 to 4:56 would seem to give a guaranteed lowered 0-60 just math wise.
Sponsored

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
That really turns me on, same 22 build I entered right there
It is available, just arrived today, if you are interested pm me and i will send you my dealers contact info.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Looks like an exact match to mine which is still waiting on transport to NY from NJ port!
ALEX!! Long time no see man! So you ordered an XR? When it comes in, you’ll have to let me know if you can tell a significant difference between the 373s and the new 456 gears. I’m thinking about trading mine in too, but can’t make up my mind whether to go with the one-touch roof this time or not, and also waiting to see if any new colors come out soon.
Nice to see you around!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You have anything to back that up? I'm not challenging you per se but I figured the heavier tires/wheels would offset things.
Yes that’s what public tests are showing. Car and driver were the first. In my experience gears shed huge amounts of time at the drag strip and as long as it can put the power down I see no difference here.

Time will tell if it’s reproducible there’s not many in the wild yet. The larger tires aren’t significantly heavier (14 lb) even as rotational mass to offset the gearing IMO. Trans tuning could also be different.

My assumption is both non XR and XR were tested with rollout.

Last edited:

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yes that’s what public tests are showing. Car and driver were the first. In my experience gears shed huge amounts of time at the drag strip and as long as it can put the power down I see no difference here.

Time will tell if it’s reproducible there’s not many in the wild yet. The larger tires aren’t significantly heavier (14 lb) even as rotational mass to offset the gearing IMO. Trans tuning could also be different.

My assumption is both non XR and XR were tested with rollout.
Looking forward to hearing real world reviews. I don’t think I really have a need to re-gear but that could always change :)

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any details on the shocks and/or springs? Are they upgraded over the stock 392? Is the height the same as stock?

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
ALEX!! Long time no see man! So you ordered an XR? When it comes in, you’ll have to let me know if you can tell a significant difference between the 373s and the new 456 gears. I’m thinking about trading mine in too, but can’t make up my mind whether to go with the one-touch roof this time or not, and also waiting to see if any new colors come out soon.
Nice to see you around!
Hi Rob! Had to order an XR because my original 392 turned out to be a lemon that needed a new engine! Hope you are doing well!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Looking forward to hearing real world reviews. I don’t think I really have a need to re-gear but that could always change :)
Yeah, I agree. I assume we'll see some before mine shows up early November. Build date is slated for 10/28 now in D1.

It's gotta be tempting though if it really does shed half a second to 60. Pretty sure the already miserable gas mileage is going to go down too! 4.56 is actually pretty crazy for the 392 sporting 35" KO2s.
Sponsored