Sponsored

First offroad trip to smorr in stock 2 door jlr

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Went out this Saturday and ran some trails at Smorr. I didnt expect it to be nearly as capable as it was right from the factory. The limiting factor was definitely me.

Wet and muddy made all the trails a good bit harder.
received_371359020283473.jpeg
received_373834113164414.jpeg
FB_IMG_1546124619983.jpg
20181229_102746.jpg
20181229_102752.jpg
20181229_103127.jpg

Flex for stock was pretty good. Much better than the jk when it was stock.
20181229_103405.jpg
20181229_103329.jpg
20181229_102528.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Very nice! You don’t need a lift and 37’s to enjoy a Jeep.

OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Really was surprised and had a great time. The only trail I couldn't get up was brixey hill which was a 4 and it was so muddy the k02s just wouldn't clean out and I wasn't going to push it as hard as it needed to possibly get up it.

Trails there are rated 1-6 and we spent most of the day on 4s and did the top part of a 5 called rattler that was a lot of fun aside from the off camber drop into it. I was pretty nervous on some of the stuff being the smallest jeep with everyone else on 35s and 37s but my buddy had already taken several jl's thru at the jamboree they host on some of the trails we did and it was a big help having a spotter I trust. I had not been there in a couple years since I sold my jeep so all the trails had changed so much.

The two hardest obstacles I hit were bypasses that had been washed out or chewed up.

I liked the k02 right up until we got into some mud and tried to climb rock ledges and I watched 2 guys with stt pros just walk up it. Granted they were 35s and 37s I still would have been able to get up it with a little bump and dry tires.

I also wasn't a fan of how soft the Rubicon shocks were. You can see in that video how bouncy it was when the front slid off that ledge. They will be fine for now but I miss the feeling of stability in a little firmer shock ouke my rold rk rrd shocks.

Not my jeep but it's a better look at some of the obstacles on upper rattler that was more fun.
20181229_105344.jpg

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a pretty sloppy place for the KO2s and your experience is what I would expect. I bet if you go back there in summer the same trails would be a cake walk.

OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a pretty sloppy place for the KO2s and your experience is what I would expect. I bet if you go back there in summer the same trails would be a cake walk.
Yeah it was def out of it element there when we got into thick mud. I shouldn't say I wasnt impressed with it because I honestly wouldn't expect it to clear mud like I had it in. I also probably could have got up it if I had really committed and went for it but in my brand new jeep I wasn't looking to prove anything especially in those conditions. I gave it about 3 or 4 tries with a decent bump but when the tires started to spin and I just sawed the tires back and forth I got out of it.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Really was surprised and had a great time. The only trail I couldn't get up was brixey hill which was a 4 and it was so muddy the k02s just wouldn't clean out and I wasn't going to push it as hard as it needed to possibly get up it.

Trails there are rated 1-6 and we spent most of the day on 4s and did the top part of a 5 called rattler that was a lot of fun aside from the off camber drop into it. I was pretty nervous on some of the stuff being the smallest jeep with everyone else on 35s and 37s but my buddy had already taken several jl's thru at the jamboree they host on some of the trails we did and it was a big help having a spotter I trust. I had not been there in a couple years since I sold my jeep so all the trails had changed so much.

The two hardest obstacles I hit were bypasses that had been washed out or chewed up.

I liked the k02 right up until we got into some mud and tried to climb rock ledges and I watched 2 guys with stt pros just walk up it. Granted they were 35s and 37s I still would have been able to get up it with a little bump and dry tires.

I also wasn't a fan of how soft the Rubicon shocks were. You can see in that video how bouncy it was when the front slid off that ledge. They will be fine for now but I miss the feeling of stability in a little firmer shock ouke my rold rk rrd shocks.

Not my jeep but it's a better look at some of the obstacles on upper rattler that was more fun.
20181229_105344.jpg
They have taken great care of the place. SMORR helped me decide no more all terrians. Took some nice chunks out of KO2’s there!

OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have taken great care of the place. SMORR helped me decide no more all terrians. Took some nice chunks out of KO2’s there!
Yeah I'd never really planned on keeping them but want to wheel it a bit stock before I start in with mods. The only tires I ever had chunk were 37" pitbull rockers go figure lol, it was a good tire but overpriced imo. I've not noticed anything too bad on the k02s. I'll likely drive on these for a year and replace them with a 35" mt. Going to try and not build this one up as big as I have the last couple but we'll see.

Washita is probably my fav park in Mo and rush creek is also pretty good down near Arkansas.
Sponsored