Sponsored

First Official 2018 JL Wrangler Preview Images! 2 & 4 Door, in Firecracker Red & Granite

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If this has come up already I am sorry. Any ideas why these two photos of this post feature no lights on the side view mirror but the sneaked picture inside the factory from a few weeks back of the red JL did?

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
BTW, anyone notice there are no apparent windshield bolts for adding driving lights near the A pillar? I'm sure the aftermarket is already trying to figure that out.
There are 4 bolts per pillar. Look again

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
So, here is an interesting kick in the ass for me. Now that pictures of the new Wrangler have finally been released, showed the wife the pics, and she hates pretty much everything about the looks of the new Wrangler compared to the JK. I was going back and forth between a Willy with half doors and waiting on the next Gen, so now leaning towards the willy a little heavier. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So, here is an interesting kick in the ass for me. Now that pictures of the new Wrangler have finally been released, showed the wife the pics, and she hates pretty much everything about the looks of the new Wrangler compared to the JK. I was going back and forth between a Willy with half doors and waiting on the next Gen, so now leaning towards the willy a little heavier. Happy Wife, Happy Life.
And happy wallet. You'll get an awesome Jeep, and save a ton of money. Jk is the best Jeep ever made. JL is yet to be proven. I'm getting a JL, but I'd not be upset if I were going with a new JK.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
with the rest of the manufacturers line lacking you will need the Vaseline for the high profit popular jeeps!!!!
guess I will need to find a 3rd job lol

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And happy wallet. You'll get an awesome Jeep, and save a ton of money. Jk is the best Jeep ever made. JL is yet to be proven. I'm getting a JL, but I'd not be upset if I were going with a new JK.
Yea, I am not heartbroken. This will be my 4th jeep, and I have no complaints about the JK after owning 2 TJ's. There are things about the appearance of the next Gen I don't love either, but the same can be said about the current JK's, such as that sad, boring hood. I am just hoping to god I am not too late to order one, or I can say goodbye to my half door dream, because for some bizarre reason, dealers don't order them at all. The one dealer told me it was a safety thing. whatever he means by that.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
I agree. I will be happy with a jk or jl. it all depends on how much the dealer makes it worth my while. if the price is less than 5k I will just get the jl.

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Yea, I am not heartbroken. This will be my 4th jeep, and I have no complaints about the JK after owning 2 TJ's. There are things about the appearance of the next Gen I don't love either, but the same can be said about the current JK's, such as that sad, boring hood. I am just hoping to god I am not too late to order one, or I can say goodbye to my half door dream, because for some bizarre reason, dealers don't order them at all. The one dealer told me it was a safety thing. whatever he means by that.
I think you are in fact too late to order a JK... pretty sure you're going to have to buy off of a lot.

Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
Was really hoping for a red leather interior. Why does Jeep still bother with brown and green?
anvil and red would be nice... but the Gobi with the green interior would be interesting too...

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
the local dealers here used to have 10 JK on hand tops could not keep them in stock.. yesterday when I drove by Ron Carter Auto Land, and they had to have 60 plus JK's... wait for the JL to drop and you should get huge incentives on the JK pricing.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yea, I am not heartbroken. This will be my 4th jeep, and I have no complaints about the JK after owning 2 TJ's. There are things about the appearance of the next Gen I don't love either, but the same can be said about the current JK's, such as that sad, boring hood. I am just hoping to god I am not too late to order one,..
You are too late, they are even purging orders that were on hold in the system. No more JKs can be ordered, so you will have to buy off the lot.

If you don’t like the hood, I’d suggest the Heat Extraction or Power Dome hoods as a change of look.

Last edited:

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are too late, they are even purging orders that were on hold in the system. No more JKs can be ordered, so you will have to buy off the lot.

If you don’t like the hood, I’d suggest the Heat Extraction or Power Dome hoods as a change of look.
this will make me unhappy if this is indeed the case, because I spoke to two dealers this morning who both said I can still order the old JK. I have searched everywhere for half doors on a lot, no one seems to carry them. ugh
Sponsored