Sponsored

First Official 2018 JL Wrangler Preview Images! 2 & 4 Door, in Firecracker Red & Granite

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
The choice of red and the other color on the Sahara was inappropriate and did not show lines and features JL properly.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The rear seat looks really comfortable now with bolsters. Kind of a bench/bucket hybrid.

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 11.58.43 AM.png
Looks like it leans back more now too, which was always a complaint from my rear passengers.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Was really hoping for a red leather interior. Why does Jeep still bother with brown and green?

nlgrav182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Rubicon is incredible but you will be getting bent over a barrel for it.

Sahara is gorgeous; I'd love to see it launch an independent suspension luxury version as a Wagoneer with power sliding top and removable windows.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! Can anyone confirm whether or not the Sport comes with the vented hood? If not, think there's a way to add it?
It's doubtful. If you notice in the accessories description of the hood decals...

"Vehicle graphics: New Mopar hood graphics (for Wrangler Sport) include a 1941 design marking the Jeep brand’s birth and an American-flag-themed option. Bodyside graphics for all trim levels include a subtle 1941 stripe and a Moab-inspired off-road silhouette."

Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU WW
Did we know previously that the Rubicon was going to come with all terrains? Or is that likely equipped with some sort of winter package?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I had trouble with the overhead view. The angle was making it hard for me so I just rotated and zoomed in. On the side view, it was pretty clear to me there was a (dark) reddish dash accent. I think we've seen something like that before.

Jeep-Wrangler-3a.jpg
Are those GPS antennas up on top of the sport bar?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Looks like GPS & Sirrius.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, that pic of the 2 door has moved me away from Granite Crystal Metallic to Firecracker Red. I'm also going to have to go with the painted fenders. Dang it! That pic cost me money

I'll make a final decision tomorrow morning on the color, but the pic put white into play, as well. Red just look fun. Man o man, I wish they had a bright blue. It would be killer on that Rubi.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
I noticed there wasn't a standard antenna on the photos. As stated in a previous post... looks like antennas have been relocated to the crossbar

Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Has it also been confirmed that Jeep is doing away with the padding on the roll cage? Or did they just do that to make the picture look more aesthetically appeasing?

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Has it also been confirmed that Jeep is doing away with the padding on the roll cage? Or did they just do that to make the picture look more aesthetically appeasing?
It's gone. There hasn't been any padding spotted on any of the prototypes' roll cages either.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I noticed there wasn't a standard antenna on the photos. As stated in a previous post... looks like antennas have been relocated to the crossbar
Metal Antenna for AM/FM are still the same, just unscrewed, like a lot of Jeep PR photos.

7C3EA6BE-70C8-4963-93E1-897A00DDC60B.jpeg

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 GC Limited with a Hemi
I like the grab handle on the 2-door A-pillar.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
New to this particular Forum, but not new to Jeep. Hello Gentlemen (& Ladies). Comments over the past months on the various JL topics very interesting. In fact, it helped me decide to buy a used 2016 Hydro Blue JKU Sahara several months ago to add to my small collection (2005 Red TJ Rocky Mountain with half doors and a 2016 Red Jeep Renegade for my wife). Will consider the JL sometime late in 2018 after all of this gets straightened out, the bugs get worked out, and the prices and options set. Nevertheless, my reservations are already made for November 30th to LA to see the JL in person on Dec 1st. The two-door Rubi reminds me of my TJ and looks very promising; I thought the 2 door JK looked "bloated" compared to the TJ and I am glad to see they have worked on that with the fenders and such. Jury still out on JKU Sahara until I see it in person. BTW, anyone notice there are no apparent windshield bolts for adding driving lights near the A pillar? I'm sure the aftermarket is already trying to figure that out. Keep up the good work everyone and congrats to those of you who had the JL pretty much pegged.
Sponsored