Sponsored

First Official 2018 JL Wrangler Preview Images! 2 & 4 Door, in Firecracker Red & Granite

TATER1971

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willy's Wheeler JK in Rhino
The Rubicon looks gorgeous. Now I'm just waiting on more details on the Turbo 2.0 vs the 3.6 Pentastar.......and of course we need more colors. I have to have this thing in a 2-door Rhino.
Sponsored

E in DC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Jeep Cherokee (2 door)
Vehicle Showcase
Bit of a random question for this post, and I'm sure it's come up at some point, but has there been any indication that there will continue to be a half-door option? I've seen doors, and no doors, but not half-doors.

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
For the JLU Sahara that looks tan / brown, do we think that's just a granite and picking up hues from the surroundings?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Not going to lie though, that Sahara looks cheesy.
For the JLU Sahara that looks tan / brown, do we think that's just a granite and picking up hues from the surroundings?
I think it is granite. I remember someone on this site saying they drove by a JL photo shoot. He said he saw a granite JLU Sahara and provided pics of a roofless JL with a tarp on it that revealed the same wheels on this JL. I think that individual ran into this exact shoot.

Sponsored

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Bit of a random question for this post, and I'm sure it's come up at some point, but has there been any indication that there will continue to be a half-door option? I've seen doors, and no doors, but not half-doors.
this has been discussed at various points on various threads. the latest we are hearing is that they won't be standard option, but that there will be a trim level that they will be available on, but only on that trim. Which sucks if we don't like that trim, because I want half doors too. almost to the point that I am thinking about ordering a JK Willy still if I can. The one dealer I have been talking to said I can still order one if I want to.

And yes, many people have talked about after market option, but with the price we are paying for these things, I have a hard time justifying paying a couple grand more for half doors to replace my actual doors, and then having to figure out what the hell I am going to do with 4 car doors that are just going to be sitting around.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I am surprised at the negative sahara comments. unless people have never liked the sahara's looks, because to me, it doesn't look terribly different than the current sahara, and other than the tires / wheels, does not look terribly different than the rubicon everyone is drooling over, including myself. Am I missing something?

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I am surprised at the negative sahara comments. unless people have never liked the sahara's looks, because to me, it doesn't look terribly different than the current sahara, and other than the tires / wheels, does not look terribly different than the rubicon everyone is drooling over, including myself. Am I missing something?
I'm assuming it's because the people on this site are mainly die hard enthusiasts or new wrangler owners who are looking at either buying a Rubicon or a sport which they modify. Look at the configuration poll of what people have built thus far only 5 have built a Sahara.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the Rubi having 33 inch tires, it looks like you could fit 37s without any lift by looking at the wheels gaps front and back.
Thanks for side by side shots. Seeing the JL vs JK I can’t imagine buying a JK at this point. New rubicon looks amazing! You could easily squeeze 35” tires under the new stock so it looks like the 2” May cover 37” tire which would be awesome. Wonder how the aftermarket people will feel about not selling as many suspension systems?!
Based on the press release it said with the MOPAR 2" lift kit that 37s could be ran on the JL. So I would assume 35s can fit without a lift. For comparison my JKU required a 2.5" lift to run 35s properly and if I wanted to run 37s I would need at least a 3" if not a 4"

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That last pic from above, keeps reminding me of the old 2007 JKU launch ad;

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Based on the Rubi having 33 inch tires, it looks like you could fit 37s without any lift by looking at the wheels gaps front and back.
This has me flipping out! I was fully prepared to shovel out $$$ for a 2-3" lift to clear 35s. If not then Hell to the Yeah!!! :handsinair:

Can't wait to finally check out the official specs! :ontheloo:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
35s stock, 37s with the 2" lift and no other mods!

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I'm not seeing much on price in these threads including the thread where people mentioned already placing orders. If orders are getting placed why are we not seeing cost breakdowns - or maybe I missed it in the threads? Are people placing orders without knowing the cost? Maybe some people are rolling in cash, but for me I want the cost breakdown of the various models and options.
Sponsored