Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you install this and need to take it in for ESS battery service/replacement tell the service advisor about the additional wiring. If they get to the battery by removing the fender instead of just the liner they might pull your wiring out if they don't know about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Customer photo on Rubicon:

101966662_3140569796000142_7606362093096271872_o.jpg

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Instead of this being turned on manually by the dome switch can it we wired to an auxiliary light switch?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Instead of this being turned on manually by the dome switch can it we wired to an auxiliary light switch?
You could connect these to a switch if you prefer to have manual control of them.

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
You could connect these to a switch if you prefer to have manual control of them.
i so before i pull the trigger and purchase i could have them wired to an aux switch while also having them wired to work with my turn signal and also key fob as in the video. Only difference would be instead of the inside light switch to turn it on it would be done with my aux switch? Sorry for all the questions . Product looks awesome btw

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Well if you want the white to work off of 2 different inputs (Aux and Courtesy) you would need to install an in-line diode on the courtesy light wire so that the Aux power does not back-feed and turn on your dome light when you turn on the Aux switch.

i so before i pull the trigger and purchase i could have them wired to an aux switch while also having them wired to work with my turn signal and also key fob as in the video. Only difference would be instead of the inside light switch to turn it on it would be done with my aux switch? Sorry for all the questions . Product looks awesome btw

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Well if you want the white to work off of 2 different inputs (Aux and Courtesy) you would need to install an in-line diode on the courtesy light wire so that the Aux power does not back-feed and turn on your dome light when you turn on the Aux switch.
thank you very helpfully

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Great product! Just installed... any advice on how to route the white wire through the driver side on a manual transmission?

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! 3941357D-6B02-4206-A16C-7E1AC6D93073
Looks great!

Manual is trickier than auto but here is the best spot.
IMG_0451-2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I love these! Is it too late for me to get in on the group-buy?
Unfortunately, the group buy is over; but you can still get a deal for 10% your order with code forum10!

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I like these a lot, but the demos are all on vehicles with colored fenders. On non-black vehicles with black fenders they look a little too tactical for my pallet. Would prefer a set that does not occupy the entire brake vent indentation. Something a little more svelte. It is designed that way to allow the light enough height off the side to cast on the ground. I really like the non-invasive install. Perfect for leased vehicles that might be turned back at the end of the lease.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I like these a lot, but the demos are all on vehicles with colored fenders. On non-black vehicles with black fenders they look a little too tactical for my pallet. Would prefer a set that does not occupy the entire brake vent indentation. Something a little more svelte. It is designed that way to allow the light enough height off the side to cast on the ground. I really like the non-invasive install. Perfect for leased vehicles that might be turned back at the end of the lease.
Thanks for your comments. We've designed it to fill the indent around the vent for a oem-appearing tactical-inspired body cladding. Here's a pic on a gray Jeep with black fenders.

sidetrack_jtgladiator_Benbean66_1024x1024.jpg

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
That looks great. My comment is not a criticism. Some of us just are more attracted to a minimalist look. I have thought about buying your product and see If I can trim it down so it does not bring so much attention to itself on non-black, black-fendered JLs.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
That looks great. My comment is not a criticism. Some of us just are more attracted to a minimalist look. I have thought about buying your product and see If I can trim it down so it does not bring so much attention to itself on non-black, black-fendered JLs.
No worries, there may be some other product that would fit what you want better. I don't believe anyone has tried modifying this. Best of luck with finding the best for you!
Sponsored