Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL!

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Can you add pics where you are tapping the wires into under the hood?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Groupbuy is almost full so we will be closing the group buy tomorrow morning, last chance to put a deposit down!

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I mainly want to see how the wire gets through the fender. In all the pictures I cannot see it, but if it is a no drill install, it must go through the vents, right?

Sponsored

fyr145

First Name
Lon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Public Safety - (ret.)
Vehicle Showcase
I mainly want to see how the wire gets through the fender. In all the pictures I cannot see it, but if it is a no drill install, it must go through the vents, right?
I went to their website in hopes that they maybe had a quick install video or at least a link to an install manual. No luck. I know its a new product but a video or a link to the installation manual would be great. They do show where the wires go to but how that's done. I would agree with you that it would appear that they go through the vents.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'd love to do the group buy, but I just saw these and want to think about it a bit. I'd also like to see how they go through the fender and how easy the wiring will be. I'd also like to see a set on a Jeep with a bright color. It looks really cool on the gray, but the photos look black & white.

I'll probably wait until others get them installed, but I really do like this product. Very imaginitive and functional!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I'd also like to see how they go through the fender and how easy the wiring will be.
Ask and you shall receive ;)

The wires feed into the fender behind the factory fender vent. Like this:
IMG_0453-2.jpg

I'd also like to see a set on a Jeep with a bright color. It looks really cool on the gray, but the photos look black & white.

I'll probably wait until others get them installed, but I really do like this product. Very imaginitive and functional!
Some of our initial concepting was done on bright colored Jeeps. Here is one of out initial renders for instance:
Sidetrack-Display-Pages-1.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!!!

Is the wiring pretty easy to tap into? Good clear instructions? I like a nice, clean installation that will last as long as I own the Jeep, which is planned to be at least 20 years. So are weather-proof high quality connectors supplied?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Ok, we did a quick write up for the installation guide so anyone "on the fence" can decide if they want to join the GB before it ends. The final instructional video will be a bit more detailed.

1) Begin by pulling back the inner fender liner by removing the (3) outer fasteners, unscrewing (2x) 8mm bolts and (1x) 10mm bolt. Video: vimeo.com/385284993

IMG_0441-3.jpg

2) Now clean the painted surface of the fender with the included Isopropyl alcohol pads to remove any wax or residue that may inhibit tape bonding.

IMG_0441-2.jpg

3) Using a plastic panel tool, wedge the fender vent open to route your cables. Notice the back of the light panel has a channel for the wires to exit without being pinched.

IMG_0453-3.jpg

4) Once positioned peel away the red tape backing and begin to apply the panel to the fender. The outline of the panel matches the outline of the fender indentation, use this as a guide.

IMG_0457.4.jpg

Wiring Detail:

Sidetrack_Wiring_ORACLE_Lighting_Small_85682645-9cdc-4588-ba79-8c746eb7a477.jpg

5) Now connect the turn signal (White/ Green Wire) with T-Tap and plug in the yellow wire from the Sidetrack Light. The cable is located in the fender directly above where they wires enter through the fender vent. (You can unplug for easier access but remember to plug back in).

IMG_0457.jpg

6) Route the White wire through the firewall. On the passenger side route through the main wiring harness behind the fuse box. On the Driver side route though this grommet which is visible with the wheel liner removed (see photo).

IMG_0451-2.jpg

7) Now connect the Courtesy Light (Yellow/ Brown Wire) with T-Tap and plug in the White wire from the Sidetrack Light. The cable is located in the footwell and is plugged into the LED Courtesy light (You can unplug for easier access but remember to plug back in).

IMG_0456.5.jpg

8) Repeat steps on the Passenger Side and Enjoy!

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Well sh*t. Thats a lot nicer than what i did. You guys should have released these months ago and saved me some time! :)

20200119_230917.jpg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

7) Now connect the Courtesy Light (Yellow/ Brown Wire) with T-Tap and plug in the White wire from the Sidetrack Light. The cable is located in the footwell and is plugged into the LED Courtesy light (You can unplug for easier access but remember to plug back in).
8) Repeat steps on the Passenger Side and Enjoy!
Can these 2 wires be tied together, so only one wire needs to be routed through the firewall and tapped into a courtesy light?