Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
UPDATE: Goupbuy Thread HERE:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ed-lighting-system-for-jeep-wrangler-jl.49129

We have been beta testing an early production set of these lights for a few weeks now and just wanted to share a few photos and get some feedback!

The Sidetrack lights have a bright white "Entry light" mode that turns on when you unlock the doors from your FOB.

These also feature an integrated turn signal which is the Amber light you see in the photo.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Those look pretty sick. Will they fit with the Rubicon fenders? Send me a set and I'll test fit them for you. ;-)

Atom44wat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Looks great! If the price is right, in may be an option. Wife says if they are $100 we would buy them no questions asked.

Can these be used as a rock light? Use a manual switch to override and keep them on. Also, because they act as an entry light, would they function differently without the doors on? I wouldn’t think so but thought to ask.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Looks great! If the price is right, in may be an option. Wife says if they are $100 we would buy them no questions asked.
Wish we could sell them for $100 a set but we have substantial investments in injection mould tooling to insure quality and the components are high-grade with passive cooling components such as custom-cast aluminum heat sinks to insure product longevity. The MSRP is under $200 a pair

Can these be used as a rock light? Use a manual switch to override and keep them on. Also, because they act as an entry light, would they function differently without the doors on? I wouldn’t think so but thought to ask.
Yes, you can use it as a rock light by manually switching the dome light switch on the left side of the dash. The entry light will still work because when you press "unlock" on the key to activate the lights.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Also, we are very happy to report that we worked out the installation to have NO permanent modifications-no drilling / no cutting. Installation is pretty straight forward, the wiring is sorted out to be just 2 t-taps and a ground terminal. Below is a wiring break out for reference.
Sidetrack_Wiring_ORACLE_Lighting.jpg

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Pretty cool. I installed some down facing rock lights in my mirrors to function as puddle lamps and am wiring to footwell with a diode kit so I can manually turn them on too without backfeeding the footwell light. If this had been available, maybe I wouldn't have gone through the trouble

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Pretty cool. I installed some down facing rock lights in my mirrors to function as puddle lamps and am wiring to footwell with a diode kit so I can manually turn them on too without backfeeding the footwell light. If this had been available, maybe I wouldn't have gone through the trouble
You can use this in conjunction with what you already have ;)

led_fender_light_sidetrack_jl.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Here is a view looking down. They stick out a tad further than the factory door hinge from the sheetmetal. The fender is indented in this area so we designed this to use that cavity to drop the emitters down and keep everything nice and tight ;)

IMG_0343.JPG
Sponsored