Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
There is sort of an upscale JL model coming.
Is it an "Opening Edition" ?

There was such an edition for the Renegade and there is an "Opening Edition" for the Compass too here in Europe.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

G Wagon competition?

One of my big gripes with the JKU is no rear seat A/C vents. I don't suppose you've got any insight on whether that's been corrected in JLU?
Yes, we've just learned that the 4 door JLU has rear passenger vents placed in back of the front middle console.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Yes, we've just learned that the 4 door JLU has rear passenger vents placed in back of the front middle console.
If true, it's about freakin' time. Even the XJ had vents for the rear seats way back in the 80s... I was really kind of surprised that the JK didn't come with them.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
No sign of ventilated seats, at least not for 2018 model year JL. But yet another FCA vehicle will soon get them for both front and rear seating!
I was really hoping for a "Overland" model that was more a luxury Rubi model. Something like nicer leather, a/c & heated seats, upgraded premium sound, and maybe some actual Overlanding features like extended range gas tank.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I would love to see AC vents for the back passengers in the 2 DOOR ! Dogs and humans need this, the lack of side windows that open in the hardtop makes this a real desirable NECESSITY !

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
I would love to see AC vents for the back passengers in the 2 DOOR ! Dogs and humans need this, the lack of side windows that open in the hardtop makes this a real desirable NECESSITY !
AGREED!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Also 'Needs' vents coming out the top of the front seats at neck level like other convertibles to aide with chilly but sunny drives (especially morning and evening in the mountians), that's a Merc Perk... and a few others.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Also 'Needs' vents coming out the top of the front seats at neck level like other convertibles to aide with chilly but sunny drives (especially morning and evening in the mountians), that's a Merc Perk... and a few others.
I have this feature in my TJ. I call it a hoodie... ;o)

This is why I keep the doors on 99% of the time. When it's cooler, I roll up the windows, put on a jacket or hoodie, and crank the heat at my feet!

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I have this feature in my TJ. I call it a hoodie... ;o)

This is why I keep the doors on 99% of the time. When it's cooler, I roll up the windows, put on a jacket or hoodie, and crank the heat at my feet!
Yep, but the Hoodie ruins the open effect.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase