Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
How are round vents 'feminine'?
From a design standpoint they are simple and easy to use with glove, etc and less likely to break.From a moding standpoint, they are easy to remove and gain access to remove the panels. Don't know if the square sliding venitians would allow the same ease of use.

And they have been in Chrysler vehicles since the Ambassador in the 50s or 60s and even graced the AMX which was far from 'feminine'.

However most importantly, there are a lot of people who have already expressed that they are glad that the round vents were retained because they didn't want that to change, so there are two camps in that respect, and retaining the feature would seem 'classic' even though it hasn't been in the Wrangler that long.

The main drawback of the vent design to me, is it's incompatibility with vent clips, either for air fresheners or for phone holders, etc.

However... in the end... I don't care enough about vents to really care.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
1. Tell me Jeep Wranglers used to have an option for Leather seats which looked like a football and basketball. It's corny and not timeless but I would totally get the basketball ones :rock:

2. Timeless is best but it's all subjective to some degree.

3. Heavy use of interior chrome should be an option (for people like me who think Bentley flying spur in&out is a truly timeless design), just like brushed nickel or matte black on all the aformentioned parts. Also.... feminine vents ? All I'm hearing right now is a British dude saying "it's the t!ts" on loop, in an optimistic enthusiastic complimentary tone.

Round headlamps with a corona ring around them .... timeless. T!ts AF.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The HVAC dials aren't shaped like gears for asthetics, they are knurled for grip, and the other manufacturers have also move from fiddly sliders to rotary controls because they are easy to use and take up less real estate allowing for more additional control buttons (AC, heated steering/seats, recirc, etc) in a small clean footprint, even allowing for button on the dials (as in the current JK, but seems the AC and recirc have their own buttons now since the HVAC share control space with the Uconnect controls). There's a lot of stuff in that cluster, and the overall feeling I get fom it is 'functional'. Definitely concerned about the failure all electronics have wi everything so packed together, but as long as the rate isn't higher than most that shouldn't be a major problem even. I recently had a window switch failure after my second Summer Mega Trek, and those are very basic switches and only 4, so that cluster is daunting considering how much it controls.

Even the recessed dials of the 2010 and prior Wranglers weren't as easy to grip with gloves and more fiddly, that the current setup which has edge textures like a coin which is still also in the GC. I still prefer that to the bulbous one they've used of late on the other Jeeps, but this is still better than the previous Wrangler dials, and the GC may yet get another internal refresh in the next 2 years.

Sponsored

CptMorgan337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
No sign of ventilated seats, at least not for 2018 model year JL. But yet another FCA vehicle will soon get them for both front and rear seating!
That's a bummer. That is the "fancy" new feature I've been looking for as more vehicles are offering this option. More and more it sounds like maybe 2018 might not be my year for a new wrangler.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
That's a bummer. That is the "fancy" new feature I've been looking for as more vehicles are offering this option. More and more it sounds like maybe 2018 might not be my year for a new wrangler.
There is sort of an upscale JL model coming, but only for export (at least initially) and even it does not have ventilated seats. I would think that sometime in the JL generation they will be offered.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
There is sort of an upscale JL model coming, but only for export (at least initially) and even it does not have ventilated seats. I would think that sometime in the JL generation they will be offered.
G Wagon competition?

One of my big gripes with the JKU is no rear seat A/C vents. I don't suppose you've got any insight on whether that's been corrected in JLU?

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
G Wagon competition?
Details are still sketchy, but I don't think it's anywhere near the level of the G Wagon.

One of my big gripes with the JKU is no rear seat A/C vents. I don't suppose you've got any insight on whether that's been corrected in JLU?
I haven't seen anything that mentions rear A/C vents.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to see the side air bags deploy from the B pillar instead of the seats. I can't put seat covers on my JKU front seats because of the side airbags in them. Fortunately, the Yes Essentials fabric has held up well. I hope the new JL offers seat fabric as durable or even better. Any word or spy shots of fabric on the seats?

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
There is sort of an upscale JL model coming, but only for export
That sounds nice for export but we have to wait one year again to see JL or JLU in Europe. It'll be a very long wait ...

Thanks to all for the infos and the very interesting forum.
Sponsored