Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I'd take his response with a grain of salt. No picture, low posts, no location information, and basically a anon profile.
If you're referring to Milous, his information is highly accurate, I would take anything he says as accurate as it will be prior to launch.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
His post clearly says "cluster." As in gauge cluster. Not infotainment display..
Yep, my bad! A little quick to react on that one based on the previous note of the 5/7/8 UConnect head units being the targets for the JL so the thought of 3/7 was a little unsettling before breakfast... just jumped to that train of thought a little. I blame lack of coffee or covfefe.

Hmm, that split is not something easily updated from experience (even just changing the guage faces is ridiculous expensive and annoyingly over complicated), it will likely end up similar to the EVIC differentiation currently, I'm gonna see what the current limits are between the two.

I just need outside temp, current MPG, GPS advisories, and current song/track/channel in there an I'm good. Current EVIC almost does all that but you need to chose between MPG and Temp, and the music info is spartan at best.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Maybe better for another thread, but is the UC system able to take map files? Like if I plan a route in Google Earth or some other software, can I run that on the GPS?

Sponsored

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
For anybody curious, here is the GC with the 7" TFT. If you look at the spy photos here, there's not really a bezel around the gauge cluster, they're more so just stuck in the grill like a CJ dash. Very cool I think.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The dodge charger also has 7" cluster display. Probably will see something similar in JL

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be interesting to see which gauges they choose to display in analogue.

The Grand Cherokee is Tach on the left and Fuel + Engine/Water Temp on the right as seen above.
For the Charger, Cherokee and 300 it's the Tach and Speedo.

The Ram has 6 gauges but the spy photos only show two separate bezels around the analogue gauges so likely one of the above configurations.

I'd prefer the GC config since I'm used to it and find that info more important than speed which has a lot of other reporting methods and often is supplanted by the speed of traffic when on-road, and less important than the others when off-road.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like as big a display in the cluster as possible, just as in the head unit. I want to be able to customize the configuration of the cluster, and would love to be able to display some of the off-road features on it, such as inclinometer and barometric altitude (with adjustment for accuracy, such as in an aircraft altimeter.) There is no reason a Wrangler can't have top flight avionics on board. Man, I can't wait to see more details emerge on the JL!

Sponsored

Tiago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
For anybody curious, here is the GC with the 7" TFT. If you look at the spy photos here, there's not really a bezel around the gauge cluster, they're more so just stuck in the grill like a CJ dash. Very cool I think.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}
Nice. Could look pretty much like the 7" TFT in the Renegade

Will all Sport models come with the 3.5 cluster or is it upgradeable without having to spring for the Sahara/Rubi?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can add it to the Sport S with Pemium sound for $2000, that's $1100 for the leather and $900 for the Alpine.
You just need to look harder homer, or order it yourself instead of picking off the lot.

As for keeping cloth clean, but a cover over them both for $50, solved. I do that on my leather ones because black leather isn't nice in the sun.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Katskins aftermarket, and make sure to add butt heating elements too!
Sponsored