Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
2 is a 12v power outlet.
Yep woulda posted that earlier, was gonna mention it'll be annoying having it on the opposite side of current for anyone who plugs in additional stuff from the 12v port, and now we'll likely hit it wih our knees.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Images (A) All the buttons are clear except the number 1 only!

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}
Button 1 is REAR Defroster, comes right under the Front Defroster. Pic of Charger controls for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
I think it will be exactly the same for Grand Cherokee.
All the systems that have been transferred to the JL, now we have two images (A) and (B)
Images (A) All the buttons are clear except the number 1 only!
Photo (B) The four-wheel drives are semi-visible but remain number 2 trying to know.

Big question: How much will it be worth ??

Disclaimer: This dialogue via Google Translation, I'm sorry if there is a translation error, I find it very difficult to follow up your good dialogue. thank you

Thank you for your very helpful information Ahmed. And your transcription is very close to perfect, it is easily understandable by any English speaker. Impressive seeing how different Arabic and English languages are.:like:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Located just below the heated steering wheel button, and underneath the mode button, are what appears to be ventilated/cooled/heated seat controls for each passenger's individual comfort.
Button 1 is REAR Defroster, comes right under the Front Defroster. Pic of Charger controls for reference.

yes on the JL/JLU, front defrost is to the left of heated steering wheel button, and rear defrost is to the left of the drivers ventilated/cooled/heated seat button.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Do you think that the base model Sport will come with push button start? Or do you think it will it stick with a more traditional key-in-ignition style startup?
The JK's uses a key, but it still is more like a push button. You just need to momentarily/briefly turn the key to start, and release. The "computer" will then engage the starter as along as it needs. and complete the start sequence on its own.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am surprised! Why do they repeat these things?
Because most people don't like having it in the Uconnect, especially if they wanna adjust it wuickly or with gloves on. Also redundancy is a good thing in a wrangler. I've had physical switches fail on roadtrips due to fine dust particles getting in the switch gear. So having an additonal option to do stuff until I get back to the dealership to fix things is good IMO.

Do you think the number 1 AUX?
Based on our Grand Cherokee and Cherokee, no I don't think the Aux would be located there, I think it would be closer to the 'media' area or at least part of that lower cluster, not part of the HVAC cluster, even if just to make wiring and troubleshooting easier.

Although, anything is possible of course, just guessing based on logic and previous configurations.

Tiago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Can someone confirm if this is the base interior?

I am going to assume and hope they have enough sense that black will continue to be offered for the base interior and not just the silver dash in this picture. That's an awful lot of chrome for the interior. With the top off it's going to be absolutely blinding with the sun.

Also does anyone know if the base screen will add back the physical row of buttons that exists on the JK -for "Media" "Apps" "Nav" "Phone" -I'd prefer that for a smaller screen that may be taken over when receiving phone calls, using built in Nav etc.

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!

I am going to assume and hope they have enough sense that black will continue to be offered for the base interior and not just the silver dash in this picture. That's an awful lot of chrome for the interior. With the top off it's going to be absolutely blinding with the sun.

Also does anyone know if the base screen will add back the physical row of buttons that exists on the JK -for "Media" "Apps" "Nav" "Phone" -I'd prefer that for a smaller screen that may be taken over when receiving phone calls, using built in Nav etc.
Makes sense if the smallest 5" screen will get more physical buttons for control since there's less screen space and functionality likely. And no way the standard dash will be silver! This could just be matched to the exterior, which looks silver from the door frame.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Just realized something. That is not a body-colored dashboard. You can clearly see the top part of the door, and the door is white. That is a nice color combo, but how will that work with other paint colors?

doh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 wrangler

Wonder if this is a real photo of the finished interior? if so it looks like they moved the tweeters.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I didn't care much for the current big "slab" style dash (3rd pic). Hard to tell given the lower underside portion of the dash is not well lit in the photos, but the first two pics of the new dash appear to show more room under the dash area. As if things are tucked up more into the dash. I'll be happy if that is the case.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think another overlooked concern is how easy this is going to be to remove and replace should people want to do after-market tweaks. The lines seem very clean and flush, hopefully they conceal simple and easy attachment points.

Sure the built-in AUX switches and possible CB-mount etc might make it less likely for the casual user to poke around underneath, but there's likely going to be some point in even an brand new JL's life where the Radio/HeadUnit gets old and needs uodating, or people want to add XYZ to make it better at something or even just make it 'theirs'.

Hopefully this stuff is modular and easily removable without a trip to the dealer.

After having just reinstalled my backup cam after a 430 warranty swap, I'm happy the JK is relatively easy to poke around and tinker with.

To which hopefully there's still a good water resistant firewall passthrough grommet for allowjng axpccesorie cabling. With the stock AUX switches it would make sense to retain this feature.
Sponsored