Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

JBlackoutK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Wow... it's nice. Almost too nice to get dirty. The JK interior may not be fancy bells and whistles but it is easy to clean and doesn't make you want to treat it with kid gloves either. I'd really like to see a base interior.

Dont get me wrong I don't dislike it but how will this hold up on the trail?

RDwheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC, Rubicon
Wow... it's nice. Almost too nice to get dirty. The JK interior may not be fancy bells and whistles but it is easy to clean and doesn't make you want to treat it with kid gloves either. I'd really like to see a base interior.

Dont get me wrong I don't dislike it but how will this hold up on the trail?
Aside from the chrome accents, I don't see how it is much different than the upper trim JK's interior. It's not like it has a full leather dash. It looks like softer plastics are used which in my experience is actually easier to clean and traps less dirt than the hard pebbled plastic variety. There is a downside in that it will likely show more scratches and imperfections but if the question is how easy is it to clean I don't think it will be worse. Also added benefit of less rubbing and creaking everywhere.

The buttons should be as easy/difficult to clean as they have always been. Yes the screen is bigger and any electronics are at risk when you add moisture in the mix. The JK is the same. The screen is not marine rated so if you want it to be fully waterproof you better do so yourself.

The steering wheel clock spring being damaged from water has been the big risk on the JK and I am sure that's not changing with the JL.

My point is, just because it looks nicer doesn't mean it will be harder to clean or worse for wear necessarily.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I wonder if there will be an Multi-Information?

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}
There's gotta be. It looks like they killed the two small outer gauges for fuel and oil temperature from the JK dash and the speedometer and tachometer look fairly wide apart to comfortably fit a screen in there.

Sponsored

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Really like the red center dash that breaks up the black interior. Hope this means we get some other interior color combinations. Tired of the all black look.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Yes, 7" display in the cluster.
That's the 7" ? Wow it looks like not much more room in there for an even larger screen. Does any of the layout change with the 8.4?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That is NOT for Diff-Locks, it's to deploy & activate the optional MOPAR AUTO-GYRO to access really remote trails/terrain. You can clearly see the blades in the button icon.
True Rubicon Recon. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
What's between the sway bar button and locker buttons?
The locker buttons and swaybar disco button are what you are asking about. The indicators are on either side of the switch set.
Sponsored