Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
The way the air vents spill into the 8.4 trim looks like the headlights flowing into the grill. It makes the top of the center stack look like the front of a Jeep, I dig it.
Wow, you're right! Too bad, Jeep didn't actually tweak the design a bit to actually make it be that (put a bezel just around the center air vents and the LCD that has the overall shape of the front). Maybe even put the directional indicators under the air vents too?

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I wonder if there will be an Multi-Information?

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
The hood latch seems very VERY far back from the windshield, meaning it looks like there will be a thick leading static edge on the front, which makes sense if the roof clips into it and the windshield swings away/into it, and it remains in place as a structural piece.
You mean roof latch right? Agreed, it looks like there is going to be a pretty large overhang that will extend from the windshield and curve onto the edge of the roof. we can't see how far the roof panel actually extends forward besides the clue given by the roof latch but just eye balling it looks at least 6 inches, maybe more.

My only concern with the thickness is that some of us taller folks currently have issue seeing stoplights at intersections as the cross-memeber is in the way (sometimes look at traffic lights through ipen roof), if the cross member is significantly thicker how does it impact this visibility? Does the change in rake and relative driver position improve current overhead visibility, or does the thicker crossmember make it worse?
I'm wondering if they made this change to provide a little more sun and wind coverage when the roof is off. Of course it depends on how you sit and time of day/location of the sun but there have been times a little more "edge' on the top of the windshield would've given my eyes/head some extra shade. Just a thought.

stephen statler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gmc Terrain
Will the next Wrangler have a dead pedal for left foot?The reason I did not buy the current Wrangler is lack of that. The floor pan is awful.. And I do not want some aftermarket thing, I want an integral dead pedal or floorpan angled sufficiently, etc. whee the left foot rests. I can not tell from these photos.

GOBOGIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ with 301k and counting - Energizer Bunny

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Need to know where the sunglass cubby is...
Sadly was thinking the same thing. If I kept them all, I'd have a graveyard of scratch sunglasses that fell out of the uper tray and slid acrross the dash, floor, out the open doors, etc. Yes you can get visor clips, but not when you have 3 people's shades to deal with, usually put the cheap ones up there, not Maui Jims or Revos etc. One set of cheap polarized Foster Grants just slid off this morning, thankfully only scratching the area outside field of view.

Would love if there was a nice void behind the head unit that opened up but remained hidden otherwise (but don't see a break for that kinda thing) or something down low with wireless cell phone charging like in the Cherokee.

Also want just one more cup holder in Super Big Gulp size, although I use cloth ones and large climbing chalk bags on the Oh Shizz bar for spare cup holding, would be nice for a dedicated extra large one.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if they made this change to provide a little more sun and wind coverage when the roof is off.
More likely it grew to provide roll-over protection. That thar's a real roll bar under thar.

Iballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 hmm sierra. Future JLU
Maybe it's just me ( or the angle of the picture)but when you look at the comparisons between the JL and JK picks above you can tell that the front windshield is angled more (Look at the green structure in the background of the JL and the people in the JK. I am assuming that both structures are vertical in nature). I know this has been discussed but I just thought it was interesting.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 big fan of the performance data recorder video feature in the Covette/Camaro. Adapting something like that for on trail use would be an awesome industry first. I'm picturing on trail footage with selectable data from the 8.4" Uconnect's Off-Road Pages overlaid on the video. :rock:

But better be at least 1080p resolution (Chevy's PDR tops out at only 720p).
Agreed on resolution, my old Magellan was 720p, not good enouh for license plates or for small trail features/obstacles/details.

What would be nice is if including with the data recording was the ability to add the Uconnect "Follow-Me" data so that all members of your Jeepin' party would appear on the GPS recorded info that's already being shown on the head unit. I think it would definitely increase the adoption rate of the premium head unit, especially if they add additional accesories control similar to Alpine's X009/109/209 WRA unit.

Also... Need them to put an 8-track back in Damn it !!

And Seriously Sirius would it kill ya' every once in a while to play a litte FOGHAT !!
:dance:

Reactions: JCC

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the next Wrangler have a dead pedal for left foot?The reason I did not buy the current Wrangler is lack of that. The floor pan is awful.. And I do not want some aftermarket thing, I want an integral dead pedal or floorpan angled sufficiently, etc. whee the left foot rests. I can not tell from these photos.
Not gonna happen. Most people don't like 'em and the after market has it covered.

Don't see why you can't go with the after market like the rest of us, but it's not gonna happen in a stock Wrangler.
Sponsored