Sponsored

First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU!

codiac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'47 CJ2A, '15 WK2
The way the air vents spill into the 8.4 trim looks like the headlights flowing into the grill. It makes the top of the center stack look like the front of a Jeep, I dig it.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Wowrr, pretty nice! Loving the very tactile look to it, and especially 4 nice aux switches which are hopefully easily fused and taped for accesories.

Looks like the manual transmission will indeed have shorter throws than current NSG based on length and angle of shifter in the pic.

The hood latch seems very VERY far back from the windshield, meaning it looks like there will be a thick leading static edge on the front, which makes sense if the roof clips into it and the windshield swings away/into it, and it remains in place as a structural piece.

My only concern with the thickness is that some of us taller folks currently have issue seeing stoplights at intersections as the cross-memeber is in the way (sometimes look at traffic lights through ipen roof), if the cross member is significantly thicker how does it impact this visibility? Does the change in rake and relative driver position improve current overhead visibility, or does the thicker crossmember make it worse?

I wonder if the thicker rear-view mirror stalk allows for a front facing dash/trail-cam with OBDII tie-in for information overlay on trail footage. I would love to see them add that feature from the factory, similar to Corvette's performance cam / data recorder.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
The way the air vents spill into the 8.4 trim looks like the headlights flowing into the grill. It makes the top of the center stack look like the front of a Jeep, I dig it.
I didn't even see that. Good eye.

Which makes me think the width is fixed and the smaller screens will just vary in height and/or have a thicker bezel.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Nice sighting!

Remind anyone a bit of the YJ interior with all those circular shapes lined up across the dash?

0804or_07_z+1991_jeep_yj_wrangler_project_old_school+interior_view_dash_console.jpg
I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because the top of the dash is flat. There's no hump for the driver's gauges. Definitely a throw back to the CJ/YJ with a more modern Fiat look. Could there possibly be more leg room under the dash than JK?

Also notice the manual window cranks in the other picture.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Need to know where the sunglass cubby is...

No I don't, I just need FCA to put a diesel in it with a manual transmission, and...

60643287.jpg

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Man what a much more cohesive design than my dash. And the 4 auxiliary switches are most welcome! Going to make hooking up accessories like lights much easier.

I wonder if the thicker rear-view mirror stalk allows for a front facing dash/trail-cam with OBDII tie-in for information overlay on trail footage. I would love to see them add that feature from the factory, similar to Corvette's performance cam / data recorder.
+1 big fan of the performance data recorder video feature in the Covette/Camaro. Adapting something like that for on trail use would be an awesome industry first. I'm picturing on trail footage with selectable data from the 8.4" Uconnect's Off-Road Pages overlaid on the video. :rock:

But better be at least 1080p resolution (Chevy's PDR tops out at only 720p).

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
very beautiful ....
Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Production Interior of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU! {filename}

Sponsored

BHaner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good!

Hope they add ventilated seats like I have in my Ram.

Oh, and for the love of god... Put the tachometer on the left side!!!

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because the top of the dash is flat. There's no hump for the driver's gauges. Definitely a throw back to the CJ/YJ with a more modern Fiat look. Could there possibly be more leg room under the dash than JK?

Also notice the manual window cranks in the other picture.
Which one? This Rubi has power window switches.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I really like. I see they removed the "Jeep....since 1941". Always thought that was a nice touch. Does this mean there will be no more "Easter eggs" ?
Thought they were always a fun thing to find. (yes...I know....a trivial thing. But still.)

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
This mule has a manual transmission correct? And that is the shifter cane? I was hoping to see the automatic shift handle but this is still a good look.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I love the clean look. Not a bumpy mess like the JK. To me it is modern but has some retro cues. I love a lot of the functionality I see there.

There are other things I am concerned about but I will wait until I see more to make up my mind about them.
Sponsored