First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2022 4xe Rubi
Occupation
Retired
So we planned a 10 day trip with our 4Xe. I planned it out so we would have access to charge points at every stop. Little did I know that more times than not people with non electric vehicles would use the spot just to get close to wherever we were staying at. The more it happened the more pissed I got. Hotels could care less. Frustrating.
Sponsored

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Honestly, I really haven't bothered with public charging. The last long trip we took had an outlet in the parking lot at our destination hotel, and were fine with us using it. It was a Jeep event and we wanted to be able to run trails in electric. For the cross country haul, we just ran hybrid.

It really has to suck for full EV's to run into that situation, though. We're the lucky ones.

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I almost parked to block 2 non EVs in a garage in the only 2 charging spots. Thankfully the very friendly officer was driving by and told me he’d rather just give them both tickets and not me one. We joked I could just pull them out of the spot with a winch, but I’d be responsible for any damage.

on the flip, I now know what Purpose angry grills serve. It would have perfectly matched my sentiment towards inconsiderate people. I don’t even park in the spots if I’m not going to charge, no matter how much further I have to park. I feel like it’s using my grandmas handicap tag when she’s not with me, just a di— move.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So we planned a 10 day trip with our 4Xe. I planned it out so we would have access to charge points at every stop. Little did I know that more times than not people with non electric vehicles would use the spot just to get close to wherever we were staying at. The more it happened the more pissed I got. Hotels could care less. Frustrating.
So did you actually stop every 20 miles? I'd be pissed too.

Flor1

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 jlu
Lay your cable across my hood 6” of copper wire blows battery and charging station

NebulaPHEVJeep

First Name
Nebula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR 4xe
Lay your cable across my hood 6” of copper wire blows battery and charging station
Is this english?

You do know you can't blow the battery nor the charging station. Even if you cut the cable. Copper theives are doing this in some locations. The charger goes into safe mode. The BMS onboard the vehicle is designed to prevent assholes trying to short it out.

The solution is for ICE not to be assholes to start with.

Sponsored

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
For those who know: Archer grappling hook with Dodge Challenger.
Wish there was a clip.

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
That really pisses me off but not nearly as much as people parking in handicapped spots that are not handicapped.
My husband is handicapped and we have an EV and the number of times we can’t park in either an EV spot or a handicapped spot because someone is there who shouldn’t be is way too often.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Honestly I have taken several long trips and have never even tried to charge. A couple hotels would let me use the 120 volt but it just never seemed to be worth what is essentially a gallon of gas. I am always worried someone will steal my charger. I guess if they had free charging I would do it but not going out of my way to get it. Still think Jeep should come out with an "off road" version of the 4xe that is hybrid only. Get rid of most of the battery weight You would still have all the power and be lighter.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Even better when you work with emergency services.

I have this issue at the office - about four or five vehicles from the police/fire/911 center regularly park their non-ev’s at the designated EV charging points. This is despite signage clearly indicating half of those chargers for fleet services, and the half for parking while charging only.

Weird anti-EV flex, but whatever. There’s plenty of parking at the 911 center to boot, most closer than the EV chargers.

I do wish the battery was more portable. Like, four or five batteries, that could be removed by one person as needed. That would help with long term battery replacement, and help reduce weight for whenever you decide to go on trips on gas only.

Also cut down down on charging time. Have a set in the vehicle, while another set is being charged at home. Swap the two sets instead of waiting around for two hours.

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Honestly I have taken several long trips and have never even tried to charge. A couple hotels would let me use the 120 volt but it just never seemed to be worth what is essentially a gallon of gas. I am always worried someone will steal my charger. I guess if they had free charging I would do it but not going out of my way to get it. Still think Jeep should come out with an "off road" version of the 4xe that is hybrid only. Get rid of most of the battery weight You would still have all the power and be lighter.
They did that with the e-torque mild hybrids.
Sponsored