Sponsored

First Live Photos of JL Wrangler Sport (with new US-spec bumper and close out cover)

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
All those special editions will come as Jeep generates new interest in the model through its lifecycle. The new model is enough on its own to garner interest initially. Maybe year two and three we’ll see the return of some of the special editions.

The Sport is basically a JK with a new grille and new tranny. The serious updates come to the Sahara and Rubicon. On the plus side, there’s less on the Sport that is prone to failure. On the down side, the Sport looks wimpy in comparison to the Rubicon.

Jeep should have made a middle ground and retained the Willys Edition as a 4th trim name.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
All those special editions will come as Jeep generates new interest in the model through its lifecycle. The new model is enough on its own to garner interest initially. Maybe year two and three we’ll see the return of some of the special editions.
I was speaking for the benefit of the customer rather than Jeep’s balance sheet

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Anyone have a picture of the dash with the 7" screen?

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
The Sport is basically a JK with a new grille and new tranny. The serious updates come to the Sahara and Rubicon. On the plus side, there’s less on the Sport that is prone to failure. On the down side, the Sport looks wimpy in comparison to the Rubicon.

Jeep should have made a middle ground and retained the Willys Edition as a 4th trim name.
With a budget boost, new wheels and a set of 35s a Sport will look better than a stock Rubicon for less than $ 2,000

Sponsored

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
With a budget boost, new wheels and a set of 35s a Sport will look better than a stock Rubicon for less than $ 2,000
I’m not looking to build it myself for the sake of warranty and I’m hoping for some additional convenience features to get thrown in too. (LEDs, 8.4, premium top, etc)

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
can't wait to see how will look the european bumper... hope not ugly as the JK's

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
It seems to me that they are trying to phase out the Sport. Mall crawlers to the Sahara and everyone else to the Rubicon.

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Apple play?

jitterbug_senior_citizen_cell_phone.jpg

No, it's the Jitterbug play. Good part is that I can literally punch the buttons as my whole fist will fit on each one.

"Yo - punch that in.." No problem.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep

Headlights look soooo outdated..

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Another Sport JL with the same bumper (seen at a US dealership). Looking like this is the new Sport bumper for US models.

1.jpg
Jay, any chance you have other angles ... like more of a side shot? It looks from the wheels this is a Sport S. The wheels look better than I expected, but would love a side view if available.

Valentino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU 2017 Winter Edition
This all new JLU look like a Japanese car... Trying to look fun but made of cheap plastic for city rides. JK owner need steal!!! What is going on JEEP.
Sponsored