Sponsored

First lineup of aftermarket headlights for the JL Wrangler!

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Has anyone installed these Projector headlights? This isn't really my taste but the aftermarket LED Bulbs would work much nicer with the projector housing compared to the OEM reflector headlight in my opinion!

Here is the link: https://www.hidprojectors.com/collections/wrangler-jl-2018

newjeep_classic_temp_large.jpg
Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Im not sure those are street legal. They say for off road use only. I think I am relegated to waiting of the mopar LED upgrade since I have halogens.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I
Im not sure those are street legal. They say for off road use only. I think I am relegated to waiting of the mopar LED upgrade since I have halogens.
I upgraded to LED oracles. They are crisp and looks awesome!

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
-HID lumen output is higher than LED.
-LED headlights do emit heat (just look as all the PnP kits that have cooling fans built in)
-These are MUCH better than just dropping LED bulbs in a halogen housing (or HID for that matter)
As the heat goes, its generally off the back of the housing, the lenses don't see the heat, hence the freeze over and trucklite making a set with heated lenses for areas that see winter weather. He is correct on that.

HIDs are brighter.
LEDs do last a very long time but the board components that control them can fail long before the LEDs themselves, happens a little too often on Mazda CX-5s as I found out with my wife's car.
A proper projected installation of HIDs is far superior to LEDs. The one thing that LEDs get is their instant on capability for times like flashing your high beams when you lights are off. In a bixenon setup like a Wrangler would have your HID wouldn't be ignited fast enough to matter when flashing highs when the lights are off.

Sponsored

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
HID lights are a pain in the butt. I spent a fortune on oracle ones.
I finally pulled them off my car and put halogens back. Constant flickering, would not come at all often when it was cold.
Going with LEDS on the jeep

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
HID lights are a pain in the butt. I spent a fortune on oracle ones.
I finally pulled them off my car and put halogens back. Constant flickering, would not come at all often when it was cold.
Going with LEDS on the jeep
I think that's more of an anti flicker and quality thing than HIDs in general. Either way, the halogen reflector housing won't emit either bulb well.

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
I have that same set on two different cars and they both do it. these were quality not cheap units
but yeah I do agree on the reflectors for halogens. I am going after market LED. The factory LEDs are awesome. Just not sure about how they are set up.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I'm looking forward to Truck-lite releasing heated headlights for the JL. That being said, the OEM ones look so good I will probably just keep those.

If it's not hard to swap them in and out, I may swap them seasonally with my winter tires maybe.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I run them on my JK (I was one of the first people to have them, since 2012) and they are excellent lights....they are OEM quality beam with an HID bulb...can't compare to the JL LED though, but usually, HIDs are more powerful than LEDs, which is why you usually see multiple LEDs used in order to cover the same spread.
Sponsored