Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep; congratulations!!! What do you plan on doing with your Jeep? That will have a bearing on mods. For instance, because I off-road, I swapped out the plastic front bumper with a steel one, installed a winch and pod lights. I also installed a 2.5” lift, and 35” mud tires yesterday.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Definitely a front steel bumper. I'm partial to the OEM steel one - it's really nice, and the removable wings are so handy if it's a daily driver.

Also highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtops. Put those bulky freedom panels in storage where they belong.

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Better tires... if you want to go off road get off road tires, BGF KO2s are a street tire imo

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
It all depends on what YOU intend to actually DO with your Jeep. Your box stock Jeep is for more capable than most drivers and more than adequate for 90+% of off road here in the states. My advice is to actually drive it and live with it for at least 6 months/6 k miles and save your $$ for fuel ( and camping gear if you’re into that). If you actually take it down the trails, put together a small self rescue package ( come along, snatch strap,entrenching tool, etc) and a basic survival package (water, food, fire starter, space blankets, etc. There are numerous threads on here about these. IF you find yourself actually using the Jeep off road, you may want to add a winch at some point to replace a “come along” as part of your basic self rescue stuff. IF you find yourself consistently getting hung up, then is the time to (1) evaluate Your skill set and (2) begin to look at lifts, bigger tires, etc. Remember that any tire and suspension mods are trade offs. Odds are great that your Jeep as it sits will do anything you will ever actually want to do in it. Have fun with your new Rig-it’s far more capable than many would have you believe👍

Sponsored

ilmostro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392XR
Say hi to Travis for me!

Seat time. Drive it for a while to learn what you like and don't like and modify the vehicle from there.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

something to protect the door hinges are rear fenders from chip, dings and scratches. I learned the hard way on my Rubicon. Hopefully the weather out there is good and you can pop out the freedom panels for a few weeks before fall kicks in

OP
OP
Sting.Rubicon

Sting.Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amg c43 2021
Say hi to Travis for me!

Seat time. Drive it for a while to learn what you like and don't like and modify the vehicle from there.
Omg Travis is super nice

OP
OP
Sting.Rubicon

Sting.Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amg c43 2021
something to protect the door hinges are rear fenders from chip, dings and scratches. I learned the hard way on my Rubicon. Hopefully the weather out there is good and you can pop out the freedom panels for a few weeks before fall kicks in
How exactly can i protect them?

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs