JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
The gorilla black locking lugs will fit. I have them on my XR. These are what I bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2ABJME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
thanks for the link, looks like i got the last one on sale @ $177, now back up to $197

Now to go to YouTube school to figure out how to install all this fun stuff.

How small is the tank on yours ?
Ours is 21.5 gallons, are some models smaller ?
Not sure the size of the Jeep's, I think it's close to what you have. My Truck is 36gallons, so spoiled not having to fill up as often + I think my wife drives the Jeep a lot more (who can blame her) than I do my truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I had the issue with the driver's door hard to shut and it was just the new weather seal needs some break in. No longer an issue after a few months. You just smash it.

JerseyJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep wrangler rubicon extreme recon
I thought the XR packages came with steel bumpers. Am I misunderstanding something?

That said, High Velocity looks bitchin.

Steel bumpers are an option only for the rubicon.

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Ordered these USA printed keyhole covers, 2 for the front doors and one for the tailgate.

apparently High Tide's ain't got none tailgate keyhole? I see none :movember:
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon tailgate driver side

Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon tailgate passenger side

@Kristine Wang I was going to put this on the Jeep and share in your thread but I have no tailgate key! Cute snowman on a "beach" Jeep, was going to be dissonant fun for the Holidays. @Threedom is where I got them
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon snowbuddy aint got no home now

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Put it sideways trying to drive in 2h when roads were freezing over. I was driving very cautiously and then got overconfident and had to stop abruptly and we did a bit of drifting. No traffic out so no damage but definitely won't be doing that anymore. Conditions were misting drizzling freezing rain turning to black ice. Still the Jeep handled well even in 2h imo. Green light turned yellow and I tried stopping it way too abruptly. Have to admit i was pushing both the vehicle and my skills for the conditions "for science." Not recommended.

Once in 4auto the Jeep bit the road and a feeling of confidence in traction was obvious. In 4auto the Jeep handles the snow on these stock 35" well. Just go slower than you otherwise would and give yourself plenty of stopping distance. It's all in the math and discipline of the driver.

With snow tires (i think these are 3peaks rated) I'd imagine these XR Jeeps are very capable to do some fun stuff in the snow. The higher ride gets you out of where most cars will get hung up and the tires so far seem at the least adequate enough. Someday I'd like to compare to an actual snow tire.

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
20minute mods: Red Line QuickLIFT

Easy install and works well. Notice some of the black paint flaking on the rear base of one of the brackets, oh well on it goes.

Thought I may have made a mistake going with the stainless steel version but I think they look good even if it breaks up some of the black on yellow theme (it's hidden under the hood anyway.)
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon hood strut bracket
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon Red Line struts

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Wife got me my first ever creeper for Christmas. It works! I can get under the Xtreme Recon without having to put a jack on it. Now the dilemma becomes can I get the Jeep out of the garage after installing this lift. Airing down tires could help but how much clearance can I gain that way and at what PSI? I've had a thought that I could find 4 small donut wheels and clown it out of the garage that way if needed and then put the XR wheels back on later?
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon Jeepers creeper

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Wasn't as easy as YouTube made it appear but it's on.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon Fox ATS

Jeep may have a slight pull to the left now. Left feels easier than right. Turning left has less returning springy feel towards center than turning right. Tried it at the most counterclockwise setting (zero or 1) and it felt really smooth but loose. Like an old arcade racer game. Probably not ideal for roads but still really nice. In the most clockwise position the wheel gets much heavier and might be too fatiguing. Currently have it at 11 because our amps go to 11.

An alignment is in order but after the lift is installed. Unless someone has other suggestions?

..dropped it to 9 on the screw

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
..next project

Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon grille off
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon Leopard Jee

The top 6 clips were easy to remove just take your time. A plastic screwdriver or spudger tool would probably work better than the metal screwdriver I used. I don't have a trim removal tool, yet.

The insert is from @underthesun (i think)

Separating the lower clips felt like I was going to snap the grille in half. Watched a few videos Quadratec etc and my wife was finally able to pull the clips free. She did all the work on that one. I didn't want to be responsible for snapping the thing :D

I have an idea to modify this grille-insert with passthrough holes for the stock clips so we may be able to press it flush for a more seamless look. Gonna take some dremel work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Is reseating the fuses a mod? Not sure why it surprised me after so many had warned they'd be loose.

Corrective Action put someone on the assembly line with some muscle, or did they automate this into some inferior process? :involve:

Did anyone gain back any lost functions after reseating fuses?

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
..next project

The top 6 clips were easy to remove just take your time. A plastic screwdriver or spudger tool would probably work better than the metal screwdriver I used. I don't have a trim removal tool, yet.

The insert is from @underthesun (i think)

Separating the lower clips felt like I was going to snap the grille in half. Watched a few videos Quadratec etc and my wife was finally able to pull the clips free. She did all the work on that one. I didn't want to be responsible for snapping the thing :D

I have an idea to modify this grille-insert with passthrough holes for the stock clips so we may be able to press it flush for a more seamless look. Gonna take some dremel work.
You just scared the crap out of me.... As I was slowly scrolling down your build page, I see ''Next project'' and start seeing your Jeep with the grill off..... So I though ''Fack No'', crindged my eyes and slowly scrolled down to realize you meant the lights !!!! Heck yeah, Good for you :rock:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is reseating the fuses a mod? Not sure why it surprised me after so many had warned they'd be loose.

Corrective Action put someone on the assembly line with some muscle, or did they automate this into some inferior process? :involve:

Did anyone gain back any lost functions after reseating fuses?
Most reported gremlins, or glitches that prompted the making sure fuses were seated properly, some reported it resolved the issue others not so much…….

OP
OP
JLUHT

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RE20 microphones
you meant the lights !!!! Heck yeah, Good for you :rock:
The lights were already LEDs, I shoulda have specified it was the grille insert. 😬

Most reported gremlins, or glitches that prompted the making sure fuses were seated properly, some reported it resolved the issue others not so much…….
Yes no new superpowers have been observed... was hoping for footwell lighting to suddenly appear.

Here's some small but fun things:

Door jam strikeplates:
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon door jam strikeplate

I don't know where she got the following two storage mods
Center console:
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon center storage

Transmission Hub:
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon transmission hub storage

*she(Jeep) dirty (remind me to route + tuck that iphone charger cable ..and vacuum ;) )

Some Mopar "oh shart" handles: these came with the JL, finally installed them.
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon oh shoot

Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System: (watch the price, it fluctuates a lot!)
Jeep Wrangler JL First Jeep 2022 High Tide Xtreme Recon gorilla nuts

Questions: Do the grab handles wear on the paint/clear-coat on that rail where it's attached over? I see other versions that strap and wonder the same for those.

Can i find grab handles with paracord in High Velocity? That'd be sweet..purple and green/yellow are also candidates. The black are nice but I think we can get artistic with it.

The Spare tire needs the 2 missing lug bolts so I'll work on a solution for that. The two missing nuts expose part of the rim that appears to have been masked during the paint process. The bare or exposed metal here stands out against the charcoal and black theme going on. The stock chrome lug nuts popped bright enough against the black to not notice the unmasked painted parts of the rim funny enough. I didn't notice until I installed the black lug nuts.

Have a great week!