Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
So, first time up on the super-slab for my 3 month old bone stock 2 door Sport with 3.6 and auto tran, A/T tires. 320 miles at 75-85 mph. Zero wander, despite some quartering winds, and zero wobble, even when I hit washboard at 80. 23.6 mpg running standard grade 87 octane with ethanol. I'm pleased.

Oh, and...wtf is it when you're 10 mph over speed limit in the slow lane and still obstructing traffic??
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
So, first time up on the super-slab for my 3 month old bone stock 2 door Sport with 3.6 and auto tran, A/T tires. 320 miles at 75-85 mph. Zero wander, despite some quartering winds, and zero wobble, even when I hit washboard at 80. 23.6 mpg running standard grade 87 octane with ethanol. I'm pleased.

Oh, and...wtf is it when you're 10 mph over speed limit in the slow lane and still obstructing traffic??
No one just does 75 on the highway

Also, glad it went well, Chief!

Wait, what's the minimum there?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was all fun and games until Rudy Stanko ruined it for us because he didn't want to pay his ticket for doing 85 mph on highway 200; very rural, few curves, some hills and frost heaves. Stanko was in a new camaro, cop paced him for 8 miles before stopping him, it was probably a bs ticket IMO (I tended to drive I-90 with my cruise set at 115 so... I'm probably not the best judge), but Stanko was not known for being a quality person. He had previously been convicted of selling tainted meat to schools and was a minister in the chruch of the creator, a white supremacist organization.
Sounds like someone who needs to be suicided

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I do remember "reasonable and prudent", and have no issue with it. However...this was a stretch of I35 that runs from Ames to Des Moines, at 5:30 PM on a weekday...heavy traffic. I was in the right lane, doing 80 in a 70 zone, and people were riding my bumper waiting for an opening to blow past me. I mean...seriously?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do remember "reasonable and prudent", and have no issue with it. However...this was a stretch of I35 that runs from Ames to Des Moines, at 5:30 PM on a weekday...heavy traffic. I was in the right lane, doing 80 in a 70 zone, and people were riding my bumper waiting for an opening to blow past me. I mean...seriously?
We're they from out of state or locals? Except you did say the slow lane, so...

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Lol I still think the craziest bastards are on I-495 in Massachusetts. Granted I haven't traveled past the Rockies yet. So my experience is limited to the Midwest and NE. I've caught my husband doing 90 in the JKU before just literally keeping up with traffic in the SLOW lane. :surprised:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I did 70-80 to Lake George NY this past weekend and same experience . My Jeep tracks straight. No issues. While in the low to mid 70's speed I got passed a lot, but it definitely is more comfortable there. Noisy at 80 too. Much different driving experience from my Yukon Denali. Loved that 6.2 liter. Only 18.1 MPG though for the Jeep.

Sponsored

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Glad to hear a couple of FAVORABLE experiences that don't involve the jeep flying all over the road because of faulty steering. I just ordered mine and have been feeling the dread of the inevitable problem laden vehicle. :/

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Glad to hear a couple of FAVORABLE experiences that don't involve the jeep flying all over the road because of faulty steering. I just ordered mine and have been feeling the dread of the inevitable problem laden vehicle. :/
I have not had any problems with mine in nearly 5000 miles. I am actually afraid to get the recall done.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has 33K miles on it. No problems. I am also afraid to do the recall . I was thinking of asking them for the new Fox dampener and hold onto it!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've done 4000 miles on the highway and had no problems either. mpg 25 - 29. avg spd 70 -75. thats with a 2 door sport 3.6 8 spd auto. stock setup.
Sponsored