Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think this would be a no-brainer here in the South with all the pollen. This vehicle would hide it like a champ! They should have named it "Pollen" and I think they'd have a real winner on their hands.
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures Pollen Car

Jeepish3000

First Name
Katelyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
Dealer photos, same time, in direct sun. Again, different angles different hues.
@YukonCornelius would you consider this color as "bright" or is it more of a pale/pastel color? I LOVE bold, bright colors (currently have a hypergreen jk) and I'm highly considering this color but I don't want it to look pale or dull at all

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
For those that are curious, I tried to compare HV to Grabber Yellow and Accelerate Yellow.
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures PXL_20211231_221909374
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures PXL_20211231_221841190
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures PXL_20211231_222512041
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures PXL_20211231_222525282

It matches both very well and does have a slight green tint in the shade.

PXL_20211231_222512041.jpg

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
@Jeepish3000 it sounds like a cop out but I gotta say both… when I first saw it I on approach thought it was pale.. when I got out of my car to take a closer look it looked bolder, with the slightest hint of green. Where hellayella was bolder on the orange hue, this is less bold on the green side, ever so slightly. It’s amazing how much lighting and angles can change it. I think the closest I’ve seen is Jeep Acid Yellow.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Can you brush it on something and share a sample with us?
Sorry, already returned it. It appears just as the yellow "real life" pictures appear. Straight up yellow to me.

Switched my order over to Hydro Blue. Not going to run with a standard pale school bus yellow.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
For those that are curious, I tried to compare HV to Grabber Yellow and Accelerate Yellow.
Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures PXL_20211231_222512041

It matches both very well and does have a slight green tint in the shade.

Yep, straight yellow. Literally no green in that sprayout.

wmwfour

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
you're right. just like how the punk'n , mojito, and any wacky color only looks good on the Rubicons. maybe i'll reserve judgement til I see a HVCC Rubicon.
My order is a Rubicon with XR in velocity yellow. I'll post when it delivers.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ
Yep, straight yellow. Literally no green in that sprayout.
I'm not sure if you read my entire post, but there is definitely a green tint to it in certain lights, especially the shade; maybe the pictures don't capture that very well. It is definitely a yellow with a hint of green, but if you're looking for a green that is really close to yellow (like Hyper Green), then this is not for you.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I'm not sure if you read my entire post, but there is definitely a green tint to it in certain lights, especially the shade; maybe the pictures don't capture that very well. It is definitely a yellow with a hint of green, but if you're looking for a green that is really close to yellow (like Hyper Green), then this is not for you.
I think half the people here have some level of green deficiency in their vision because your photos clearly show a green hue. When I looked at a Mustang in Grabber Yellow in person, there was clearly a green hue.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

LOL so they mix this shit color up and can’t bring back Gobi. What are they thinking
This.....aged poorly.

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I think half the people here have some level of green deficiency in their vision because your photos clearly show a green hue. When I looked at a Mustang in Grabber Yellow in person, there was clearly a green hue.
Agree - I see a green hue in every single photo of High Velocity. It is very different then say Gecko which is primarily a green.

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
It’s very similar to Chevy’s Accelerate Yellow… as you can see in @rymanrph ’s photos. With a definite tint towards green rather than orange. Saw a AY vette just a day or two after the HVY and I’d say it’s closer to that than the Ford, by a hair.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
If those have seen it in person say it’s a match to corvette accelerate yellow then I am good.