StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

Iā€™m digging it with Rubi accents / keeping my order.
I have to admit, it's kind of growing on me. Definitely needs some black and rubi accents...maybe even a black satin grill (try hyper dip for a non permanent solution). Not something I would ever get, as I ordered a very boring but incredible looking sting gray rubi. When I rented a rubi in Moab, I told them any color but yellow or white. So they gave me a yellow one. I was pissed at first but kind of liked it by the end of the trip. You have to commend Jeep for offering these very expressive colors that people either love or hate.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
If someone told me to picture "High Velocity Yellow", this is exactly what I would picture. I like it, but some black would make it really POP.

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
yup don't like it now. and thats why u need to see stuff in person or from an untouched pro photo. that was destroyed through post editing for advertising.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I see nothing special with this color at all, but that's just me. I said before, and I still feel the same, I would take the nacho over this in a heartbeat.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Put some white and red reflective tape on the back, some big black numbers on the door and an amber strobe on the roof and you can probably park anywhere, especially at the airport. Always keep a safety vest and hardhat on the front seat.

I would still drive one though. Willys is probably the package for this.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
And I see the tennis ball as light, bright green. Always have. This will be a love or hate color.

Carnut12

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 BMW M4
I actually like yellow on many cars, this yellow isnā€™t my favorite, but everyone has different taste. Iā€™m betting one year run, it will be rare thatā€™s for sure.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I would still drive one though. Willys is probably the package for this.
That's my thinking also. All the black bits would set it off, especially the grill. Just not liking the silver inserts on that at all.

I think the same thing with Hella. Black accents on that for the win.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
First pics

3387D0F5-5A48-404C-B380-F801D671F026.jpeg
My post is a bit TLDR - I am just sharing my sentiment - but the summary to my post is that I think that this new High Velocity Yellow color is super awesome. The collection of the photos that were posted on this thread alleviate any of my worries and I cannot wait to get my new Jeep.

-----

BuckeyeJeep88 - THANK you so much for posting those photos. You made my day!!! I placed an order for High Velocity Yellow (HVY) on the week it was available for order - and I was a bit leery as the original photo that Jeep provide for the High Tide Edition was not really yellow. However, someone posted two production photos in this forum, and I like it a lot so I decided to order it.

But the photos that you posted where with Jeep is in the parking lot are FANTASTIC!! It actually gave me a clearer idea of what I am ordering and needless say, I am SO glad that the color is beyond what I expected.

I am more of a conservative regular color kind of guy - my current 2021 2Dr JL Rubi is Granite Crystal Metallic which I really REALLY love. I respect that a lot of people are getting Sting Gray - but GCM have a very interesting shade that looks different when you are far away - and super detailed and unique when you inspect the color close by. I bought a GCM 2018 2 DR Sport S JL and had to trade in for a 2021 2DR Rubi because there were some weird noises resulting with some problem in the differentials (I think). I still pick the same color for my new Rubi because I really love that GCM is really a unique color.

Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures 64717

My 2018 Sport S in Granite Crystal Metallic

Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures 20210620_104915

2021 Rubicon with the same Granite Crystal Metallic

I know that I needed a JLU as a main ride - and I wanted something different. I was not so keen on the color offering earlier this year (snazzberry looks good and I like sarge green but I was not motivated to make a purchase based on these colors). When my awesome dealership told me that the next color will be yellow - I was a bit excited - I was hoping for something a bit unique. Hella Yella is nice and so is Nacho - but just like Sting-Gray (with much respect) the color was a little bit one dimensional - it looks good but it just serve its purpose as the "vehicle color" - and in my personal opinion, it sorta lacks oomph.

I was avoiding Tuscadero Pink because the color way too strong for me - and I am not a pink color kind of guy but it is truly unique and I know that a lot of people ordered that color cause it is so different. It is definitely an eye catcher but I am a little bit more low key than that.

And when I see all those photos that you posted which gave me a clearer idea of what I will be getting, I was so happy and excited. My final impression was that - whether it live up to its name as high velocity or not - I am really digging that color. It is so UNIQUE!!! I don't think that anyone can actually put a definite term for this color like all the other yellow hues that Jeep has put out. Is it yellow yellow? Nope... there are some yellow green in it. Is it yellow green - nope it is too yellow to be yellow green. I think Jeep designer really managed to come up with a hue that is totally unique. Its not for instance Punkin which can be defined as orange or Terra Cotta. It is just what it is - High Velocity Yellow.

I sometimes make fun of other people's ride but some of the comments in this forum can be a bit too strong and nasty (which in my opinion are not really true spirit of Jeep Wrangler). I mean I refuse to give a Jeep Wave to highly modified Jeep that looks like it came out from Mad Max movie (with angry eyes) but that is because those modification took away from the real look of Jeep. I love Jeep and on a side note, I try to get MOPAR product even though some people here think that I am wasting money unnecessarily - but I am yet to regret anything that I bought from MOPAR.

Jeep Wrangler JL First High Velocity Yellow JL @ Dealer Pictures 20210706_072032_LI

One of my best purchase ever for my 2021 JL, MOPAR tubular doors (Mopar Part #: 77072496) Solid look with real solid constructions.

Some of the people here used some very strong words - to a point of being unnecessarily nasty with their opinion just like the comments below:

LOL so they mix this shit color up and canā€™t bring back Gobi. What are they thinking
It's like when you're in WalMart and you remember you need some more yellow Highlighter markers 'cause the ones you have are all dried out. Except they don't have the brand you usually get, so you get the cheaper, off-brand markers.

And then you get home, and actually use them, and you're like "WTF color is this?" and you throw them away because they're so ugly.

This is that color.
IMO I think they responded to this particular color was that they threatened by their ambiguity of this color. That resulted in strong (and negative) reaction occurs due to this disequilibrium in trying to put a definition to it. Dried up highlighters, mayo and mustard, creamsicle heck someone even have a urine chart to make a mockery out of it in the name of fun and game which is okay. That is the trademark of our awesome country is that, anyone is allowed to express themselves in any way they like.

Conclusion, I don't need to define what High Velocity Yellow is. It might be a tone of yellow that might not have one definite name to it - but I know that I love that color and that is all that matter. Not that I want to be different but I believe that color is definitely unique and it is one of a kind. And now, I cannot wait to drive my 2022 High Velocity Yellow Jeep JLU Rubicon! Woota!!

Thanks again BuckeyeJeep88. You da man :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: