Sponsored

mosa8084

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR
Did they actually upgrade the brakes? The standard rubicon has larger brakes then the others. They could be saying up graded compared to sport or Sahara. Did they just use diff roters and pads and say upgraded, or do they actually have diff calipers and mastercylnder.
They did. This is from Jeep's website

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.10.32 PM
Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Larger pads then what? Sport or Rubicon both ? Sounds like at best diff pads.

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Being the bricks that jeeps are at 80-85mph my stock suspension and tired JLUR is probably at around 2 or 3 pounds of boost to maintain speed (from memory on a recent trip). And making constant boost is not an issue for turbos they've been doing it for years. Look at diesel motors, those things are at serious boost for extended periods. Not the same engine by any means, but if you're talking about the turbo itself and issues of making boost for extended periods...
The issue with turbos Is when your in boost your running a richer air/fuel mix vs not. Off boost they run 14.1:1 range while on boost you’ll be 10-12:1 air/fuel ratio. You always go rich under boost to protect from detonation. Turbo car fuel economy nose dives when you do a lot of hills. I have owned both NA and turbo vehicles and I’ll take NA any day

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
The issue with turbos Is when your in boost your running a richer air/fuel mix vs not. Off boost they run 14.1:1 range while on boost you’ll be 10-12:1 air/fuel ratio. You always go rich under boost to protect from detonation. Turbo car fuel economy nose dives when you do a lot of hills. I have owned both NA and turbo vehicles and I’ll take NA any day
That's the way things used to be yes. And at 20+ pounds of boost yes. At 1 or 2 pounds it's not that rich. The fuel economy on these vehicles is well documented all over this forum. It's not that bad. Also, with the high compression of the NA motor, under load it's not running 14.1 either. Computers do amazing things these days.

Keep in mind, running a little rich to keep temps down on a 2 liter motor may still be less fuel than the NA motor that is 80% larger running the same RPM and gearing.

But, to each their own. It's a matter of preference. I don't believe there is a wring answer with these power trains. I simply prefer the 2.0T

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did they actually upgrade the brakes? The standard rubicon has larger brakes then the others. They could be saying up graded compared to sport or Sahara. Did they just use diff roters and pads and say upgraded, or do they actually have diff calipers and mastercylnder.
Sahara, Rubicon and Willy's all have the exact same large brakes, it's just the Sport & Sport S that has the smaller brakes.

I don't think anything was different on the XR.

Sponsored

TCOV

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 Ext. Recon, 2018 JKUR Recon (sold)
Sahara, Rubicon and Willy's all have the exact same large brakes, it's just the Sport & Sport S that has the smaller brakes.

I don't think anything was different on the XR.
The 392 XR comes with an extra vacuum brake booster that is not on the standard 392. Another little nugget Scott Blum dropped on a Facebook group.

Drich333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011Dodge Challenger SRT8
Same with Me, been same since Thursday
I got the same message at about the same time. Mine was shipped by rail last Thursday and arrived outside of St. Louis Mo on Sat/Sun. It arrived at my dealer in central Illinois today by truck. Had to go see it even if I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow. Hope you receive yours soon as well.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Has anyone measured the bumpstops on a non XR 3.6 Rubi and a 3.6 XR Rubi? I am curious how much longer they extended the bump tube on the XR. Looks like 2" but would love to know for sure.