Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The technical people can tell us how it’s lifted, but definitely looks lifted.
If its lifted, its only one of two ways;

1. Coil Springs - Need to verify part # on the XR against the known Rubicon part #'s
2. Spacer - I don't see one up there (but its hard to tell from the pic) and I doubt they would add a spacer.

Someone posted a few pages back that they thought the part # on the XR springs was the same as whats on one of the regular Rubicon versions. If thats the case, I am doubting there is a lift at all.
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wonder if 37's are gonna fit with the included Mopar tire relocation kit?
They should fit, VERY VERY likely they will fit if you go with K02's.... As the XR includes both the reinforcement bracket and the tire relocation bracket which moves the tire up and away from the tailgate.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They should fit, VERY VERY likely they will fit if you go with K02's.... As the XR includes both the reinforcement bracket and the tire relocation bracket which moves the tire up and away from the tailgate.
Thanks, lol, KO2's run pretty small. I've got Yokohamas sitting in the garage waiting for the XR to show up. I was looking at that Teraflex bracket as an option, but I've still got my fingers crossed that the Mopar might work.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Thanks, lol, KO2's run pretty small. I've got Yokohamas sitting in the garage waiting for the XR to show up. I was looking at that Teraflex bracket as an option, but I've still got my fingers crossed that the Mopar might work.
Man, this would be pretty sweet if we can slap some smaller running 37"s right out of the box. I'd flip the KO2's and get some Mickey Thompson Baja ATs

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Man, this would be pretty sweet if we can slap some smaller running 37"s right out of the box. I'd flip the KO2's and get some Mickey Thompson Baja ATs
The Baja Boss A/Ts are a little taller than K02s so 37s may be a bit tight without more lift. I am waiting on a set of 35s to be delivered now. as soon as I get them mounted ill see how they compare to the K02 and Ridge Grapplers in the same size as i have run both.

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Some initial info from FB via Scott

"Ya it's not the MOPAR lift. No one ever said it was. There are numerous springs across the JL lineup donuts possible depending how equipped that a lighter JL.with 35s could have the same spring as a heavier JL with 33s. The shocks are all unique."

So Diesel Rubi springs? And custom shocks...?

jessebkr87

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

"Ya it's not the MOPAR lift. No one ever said it was. There are numerous springs across the JL lineup donuts possible depending how equipped that a lighter JL.with 35s could have the same spring as a heavier JL with 33s. The shocks are all unique."

Maybe I’m dumb, but I can’t make that quote make sense.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
here’s my attempt:

It’s not a Mopar lift, no one said it was. There are a variety of springs for all JLs. A lighter JL with 35s could have the same springs as a heavier JL with 33s. However all of them have unique shocks.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

I was captivated by donuts.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Push down on the axle harder? I have pulled the front springs several times without unbolting the lower bump pad extensions I installed back when I put the 2.5" spacer lift on. Swapped to an icon 2.5" spring. Pulled springs to add 3/4" spacer after adding the winch. Pulled springs again to add rock krawler spring perches. Hit swaybar disconnect, unplug fad and locker wiring, unbolt shocks, droop out axle, have someone push down on the knuckle while you pull the spring over the lower bump pad.

Doing it on jack stands in the garage, my rotors were on the ground before I could get the springs over the bump stops. And I don't have the patience to mess around with putting the nut in the Mopar bump stop extension. Teraflex is adjustable in 1/2" increments without removing it, and it comes with a flagnut tool that holds the nut in place as you tighten it.

No need to suffer when there are better solutions for $150.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
It doesn’t look very lifted. Curious to see it next to a normal Rubicon.
I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking it would have the Fox shocks of the Mopar lift. Does not look lifted. Those look like regular Rubi shocks.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking it would have the Fox shocks of the Mopar lift. Does not look lifted. Those look like regular Rubi shocks.
They said from the beginning that they were specifically tuned shocks, not fox shocks

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
It definitely looks lifted. It looks to have about the same gap from the top of the tire to the fender flare as a non-xr rubicon.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
It definitely looks lifted. It looks to have about the same gap from the top of the tire to the fender flare as a non-xr rubicon.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Here is a non XR in Tuscadero and the White XR from other day..
Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics 65ACF3C7-07EC-43D2-8C6E-90025775FD65
Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics 39DB5D37-0D0A-462F-A95B-0DFCF8269F40
Sponsored